The Captain won :)

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• Anonymous

MarkRussell2
    Participant

One of my BA contacts just sent me this.

http://legalactionvbassa.blogspot.com.br/2012/08/patel-v-unite-settled_9.html

Looks like an out of court settlement to me, well done fella!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

so………….??

VintageKrug
    Participant

Splendid news for Captain Patel.

Background, for those not aware of the case against BASSA’s leadership (the British Airways crew Union branch of Unite, which orchestrated the recent industrial unrest and lost) :

“Patel claims he was defamed and harassed by anonymous users on the BASSA forum. The users wrote that he was “unsafe to fly with,” lied, was “unfit to be a captain,” acted illegally and erratically, had been responsible for “the dismissal of innocent cabin crew” and been involved in police corruption, according to the ruling. Patel needs to be able to identify the users responsible for the comments if he wants to bring legal action against them, the ruling said.”

Here are some of the posts made by Duncan Holley against Captain Patel surrounding this case:

Drunken Dunken drivelled:

Everyone’s favourite A320 capt has just sent BASSA yet another threatening e mail following a post started on the forum. In it he says this

“These posters are current BA employees and I have in my possession their true identities. I will require you to confirm these identities in due course, by court order if needs be”.

So, how has this rather pathetic excuse of a person got hold of true IDs? I wonder. Perhaps he should worry more about his behaviour or perhaps he should just get a life and do what he should have done right from the beginning – leave us to get on with our dispute without interfering.

Because of him a lot of decent people have had misery heaped upon them. He should be hanging his head in shame instead of this constant barrage of threats, which go straight into the bin.

Here is the mail in full – “If I was still flying I really would be concerned that my safety could be in his hands. But as he is BA’s favourite pin up boy will they turn their back on the fact that one of their captains is now without a doubt a liability to aircraft and passenger safety. Food for thought.”

Here is his latest message in full.

The Captain Filing the Action Wrote:

Without prejudice.

“Once again I write to you about libellous posts made by your members on your online discussion forum at BASSA.co.uk. See below.

I draw your attention to posts made by BA employees and BASSA members “Diamonds”, Paulette Moore, “Far Flung” & “Geppetto”. These posters are current BA employees and I have in my possession their true identities. I will require you to confirm these identities in due course, by court order if needs be.

Notwithstanding the above, I expect you to delete these posts immediately and issue a reminder to your members about libel laws.

This communication will form part of litigation against you, as will any reply. You have failed to reply to me about similar complaints on every previous occasion.

You do NOT have my permission to reproduce this email in any form and you may only forward it to your legal advisers.”

The Driveller-in-Chief Penned the Following Self-Destruct Response:

I will not delete anything.
    This person has no right to tell anyone how this forum should be run.
    He should not be on it full stop.

The man is a pompous wind bag who has no morals or decency.

I suggest he take a look at some of the things that have been said about me on various forums and then go and pick up the threads of what must simply be a miserable life.

He sums up the quality of the sort of person BA are nurturing to union bust.

I don’ think we should lose too much sleep.

This sort of activity was the tip of the iceberg, with some others such as:

– racism

– crew who decided to work being sent threatening text messages from anonymous numbers

– unpleasant messages/graffiti left inside staff toilet cubicles at Heathrow targetted at non-strikers, listing their names and mobile numbers

– threats to poison pilot meals

– those who worked during the strike having property vandalised (such as cars in the car park being keyed)

– it was also alleged that threats of abduction were made against the children of those who chose to work during the strike.

– BASSA crew on a flight to Sydney vandalised the crew rest area by pouring milk over it after landing, delaying the return flight as the rest area had to be cleaned

This is the ugly Truth About BASSA, and this recent settlement would also explain the uptick of BASSA rep activity on this forum of late.

Let’s hope this now puts the matter to bed, as Duncan Holley has now been removed from British Airways and lost his tribunal hearing:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t9jdr3ydm9pj9pu

Congratulations, Captain Patel, for standing up for your principles. Head held high, with Holley’s hanging in shame.

Binman62
    Participant

For gods sake move on. Old news and now very boring!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

For anyone interested it took precisely 1 hour 40 minutes and 23 seconds for the paint to dry on my balcony today.

3 weeks to go, then back to semi retirement………………

Have a great Sunday.

NTarrant
    Participant

Martyn – I think you might need to invest in some quicker drying paint.

Have good day 🙂

Nigel

MontysDouble
    Participant

Binman62

For gods sake move on. Old news and now very boring!

The update on the blog was only posted on the 9th August 2012, so how is it possibly ‘old news’.

I for one was very glad to hear that it was over, and that the captain had won – he recieved some very unfair and ridiculous treatment from some BASSA memebers/leaders.

My only regret is that it did not reach criminal charges.

Bruce98
    Participant

Who knows what the agreement was.

Perhaps Capt Patel withdrew his case on the basis that Unite would not seek damages from him.

Who knows? Who cares? Nothing to see here, move along, please/

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Nigel

What should I be looking for in paint in terms of drying time? Second coat going on tomorrow, if time permits.

Must rush need to read the Sunday papers.

Regards

Martyn

MarkRussell2
    Participant

Oh how very convenient, the hunted become the hunters!! Only the naive sheep in the BASSA hardcore would believe such nonsense. If I’m not mistaken, 2 court hearings were lost by Unite and BASSA were facing several dozen of their members being sacked- after the dispute was long over! No wonder some of you are intellectually stretched with chicken or beef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to see? Only if you want to gloss over the stupidity.

BigDog.
    Participant

Trot along to get a free hug Mark. BA apparently has a scheme running for lonely pilots and I think you need one too. Then move on, there is a team building job to be done.

PS This forum is for Business Travellers – you didn’t see a sign for “BALPA and BASSA venting here” because there wasn’t one, this isn’t the place for BALPA and BASSA to vent. Maybe it was beyond your intellect to deduce that, though there is a good clue in the title.

Now bring me the parrot fish I asked for 😉

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Bigdog,

Agreed. Yes, this is all getting damned tedious isn’t it?

Can someone update me on the latest dispute between SK and their Unions, and then we can start a thread on that dispute as well. And I’ll invent two mates called Sven and Samantha (who are they? I’m sorry, I haven’t a clue.) who are Cabin Crew and Flight Crew respectively, start a debate between them, playing one off against the other.

I can then also bump threads and ensure that I can make as many party political points as possible (ignoring the fact that party political points are actually pretty irrelevant on a business travel thread). And by bumping threads, it’ll ensure that my SK irrelevance detracts from issues that are of importance to 99.9% of people who use the Forum, thus degrading the entire value of the Forum and persuading genuine people to leave as they get increasingly racked off.

When people challenge me about multiple handles, etc., I’ll deny everything. As I’ll use three different computers (probably one PC and one or more Macs – possibly different ones at work and at home), wired into different ISPs (or at least three different broadband lines). Then, when challenged, BT can say (as I’m sure they believe) that I cannot have three different personalities as the three mac (not Mac) addresses are different.

I can then go on having discussions with myself, strutting my own political agenda (or those of my “friends”), and no-one will EVER know.

So “simples”. Staggered that no-one’s thought of it before. Ssshh….

Oh damn. Can’t do it on here as I’ve given the game away. I’ll do it on Flyertalk instead. Don’t tell anyone, will you?

Might even go to San Francisco for the weekend and wear red shoes.

handbag
    Participant

I am Crew and do not comment on this type of matter. If any wants a discussion on this kind of thing, then there are plenty of Forums both political and Flight Crew/Cabin Crew to express these views. I really wish this would stay as a Business Travel Forum.

I like BT because I travel a lot personally, and also quite a lot on Business and find it very interesting. I also feel that sometimes I can assist by give a factual answer to a specific Airline related question.

I will not comment on whether I think a product on BA is good or bad, because as an employee, I feel that I should be mindfull of this. I do however comment on my other experiences.

I find it really strange, that posters who say they have no affiliation to a Company, have so much information about it. Some are extremely pro them and how have they managed the time to write so many posts, whilst running a business. Unless I was being paid as an employee or a consultant, I would neither have the time or inclination to sometimes write over 15 posts a day (many , extremely factual and lengthy) and amass over 5500 in the past few years.

If someone is working for a Company like myself, I feel it is only reasonable to expect that this would be stated, when commenting on a certain subject.

Tim2soza
    Participant

Handbag – Your comments establish your honourable position.

If you are referring to VK, it is established beyond doubt that he is not affiliated with BA in any way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls