Thai Business Seating

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• MarcusUK
    Participant

TG has certainly gone downhill i recent years.
    I flew the new First (3 years ago), on an old 747 from LHR – BKK, then on down to Auckland on an a 346.
    returning was the older style first into LHR.

The then also new lounge areas at the new airport in BKK were simply stunning including individual lounge rooms & spas prior to flying.

I hear that Thai have more leased aircraft than previously, & there is little new or investment. the aircraft & cabin layouts do vary very considerably on the same route. The staff are always wonderful, food excellent, but the planes are old n tired now, & they have simply been left behind. Not a great sign to wipe out First from the Oceania routes!

I wouldn’t choose them anymore…

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

Well, not entirely wipe out in Ozeania.. TG has implemented F cabin in the SYD route again. But as you can see–there is big competition in this market for F cabin–just leave the point of the profitability.
    QF, SQ, CX, BA, MH…are some who are battling for pax and revenue. And you might consider that most pax from Oz and New Zealand are more fond of flying in C cabin–a point why NZ scrap F cabin entirely.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

TG is planning or has already planned in the near future to phase out the old A300 ( will never forget those dreadful hours flying in those obsolete, narrow pitched seats and vey old style toilet in C cabin). With the delivery of the new A330-300 with new lie flat seatings–these will be used primarily for Middle East, Japan, Korea and South Asia routes–there should be more consistency and definitely more quality improvements for C cabins and seats. Beware there are older A330-300 with the old 49″ inch lounge style seatings still be existing in the fleet.

I am sure that a lot of TG premium pax will never cry those A300 any tears!! It is not like the MD-11 in the past–especially the F cabin–the twosome seats in the middle with the more than gracious legroom is absolutely missed and flying in these seats with the great TG service–I am dreaming of old times..!!! TG management–that was F class experience รก la bonheur !!

JohnSanders
    Participant

From my experience with TG – if the flight involves the Indian Sub-Continent then the aircraft will be the oldest available on the day. Some are really cr@& !! Just hope that the smiling stewardesses can make up for the discomfort and the lack of any other viewable entertainment. Your run to Singapore should be much better though as there is “comfort competition” on that sector.

alainlinard
    Participant

many differents flights with Thai on Business class and first and it’s true that we can find a various different seat and configuration but always a good service on board !

bmidcfan
    Participant

Sadly we had the misfortune of flying Thai from Tokyo to BKK on an old 747! was meant to the 340-600! The seating was crap and service average. The continuing leg from BKK to KUL was on a 777 and the seat was great and so was the service. Chatted to a friendly stewardess and she was ashmed of the mix of aircarft and the old seating. The flight back from KUL to BKK was on Lufthansa – good seats, average food and service, but the onward journey on Thai 747 , new seating was a total disappointment. The seats were broken upstairs, lacked padding and very uncomfortable. The service and food was awful! If that what business class is on Thai best not to bother! Old tied aircraft! Yet on the BKK -KUL route better aircarft and seating and good food! What the logic THAI?

AnkurPatel
    Participant

I agree with most of the reviews. Thai is notorious for changing equipment and the business class in some of the older planes is attrocious. To make matters worse, the service can be just as bad. I flew Mumbai to Bangkok and couldnt sleep a wink. However, i connected through bangkok and to a flight to chaing mai and flew on a 747 with upgraded lie flat seats for a 45 min flight. Needless to say, i would not fly business on Thai again. You are better off trying to fly singapore or cathay

MartynSinclair
    Participant

it seems that the only Thai route you are ‘guaranteed’ to get new style seats are the London to Bangkok sectors.

CHINABOY
    Participant

I flew Thai Airways from Chengdu, China to BKK and one month
    later the same route in reverse. Both planes were the scheduled A300-600 and the Business Class seating was extremely
    comfortable with excellent service and delicious food. In fact,
    that particular aircraft has two separate Business Class cabins
    and I had the pleasure of sitting in the second one in which I was
    the only passenger – heavenly!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

It’s the ZRH-BKK route (operated solely by TG’s newish A340-600s) where you will stand the chance of getting the carrier’s better premium seating.

Other major European routes (including LHR) are served by TG’s B747s which may or may not have the newer seating.

thebigseats
    Participant

The vast majority of LHR-BKK-LHR flights *will* have the new seats – a/c swaps do happen, but they are relatively rare on this route and some other key markets.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

“the only Thai route you are ‘guaranteed’ to get new style seats are the London to Bangkok sectors”

Sorry.. NO…came back on Saturday BKK -LHR on TG 916/7 (747) and it was old Business class seats.

Thai in flight service however was as usual… great..

——————————————————————————–

MartynSinclair
    Participant

sorry Terry, it was a ‘Thai Gurantee’!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls