T5 Gate notification

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

• Bucksnet
    Participant

lostantipod, it seems that BA are on the ball and BAA control the screens. Can BA inform people in other ways like SMS messages to their mobiles, or would BAA complain and stop them?

lostantipod
    Participant

Binman
    Interesting reply but I dont think it addresses the point.

I think most of us are well aware of the security deadline at T5. It DOES NOT MATTER that bags will not be loaded if someone hasnt presented themselves at security. What matters is some numpty caught up in a shop or bar, or not paying attention in the lounge when the gate is shown at short notice, and thereby delaying the flight. These people’s bags will have been loaded !

I did not express ANY surprise that BA staff know the gate…I didnt even say BA was the problem….My surprise is that , since the gate is clearly known in advance by both BAA and BA, why isnt it broadcast to pax in advance of the required boarding time ? And the only answers that our collective wisdom can come up with seem to be (1) to maximise our shopping experience, or (2) BA were concerned the aircraft wasnt going to be fit for the flight.

cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls