T1 UKBA Chaos

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• Anonymous

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Just to keep this important topic alive and well, I had to go to Berlin yesterday, returned the same day.

On arrival at TXL from doors open to in taxi took me four minutes.

The return flight took seventy three minutes, I then queued for forty minutes to re-enter the UK along with far too many other people so just to report the chaos in T3, T4 and T5 is matched in T1.

Of course it was probably a blip in the otherwise perfect funcitoning of LHR. No.

It was the fault of militant workers for the UKBA? Possibly, the criticism of trade unions associated with UKBA is beginning to sound like criticism of a union which represents BA cabin crew that I won’t name here.

Perhaps it was the fault of dysfunctional management and a service which is not fit for purpose at any level. Yes, I think so and it’s not appropriate to apologise for it.

VintageKrug
    Participant

If posters open a thread for every passage through every terminal, the forum will become even duller.

Another unhelpful post.

It’s quite clearly a calculated operation on the part of the PCS Union to disrupt UKplc – questions should be asked why they feel empowered to do this?

More effort should be made to improving automation and faster. Once again an example of the actions of a miltant union having exactly the opposite effect they hope for, and directly impacting their own members’ jobs, while also holding UKplc hostage at a time when we need to be seen to be performing at full capacity.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

‘VintageKrug – 19/04/2012 13:31 GMT

If posters open a thread for every passage through every terminal, the forum will become even duller.’

If it does will you go away and leave us alone please?

As I said, not appropriate to apologise for the UKBA but I knew you would making another unhelpful post.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think we can all see who is the disruptive poster, LLPS.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Funny how one poster thinks some other people are disruptive….

And those people think that one poster is __________________ (complete the blank, as appropriate.)

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Oh DoS, give him a break! His flight simulator is probably in for repair or he’s having the F seats refurbished or something. I see in another thread about the BA olympic livery that he’s also a plane spotter – anorak and bobble hat no doubt with oversize camera at the end of 27R.

VintageKrug
    Participant

A plane spotter…how laughable!

RichHI1
    Participant

I must observe that if British Airways coummunicates to anybody about anything we get a new thread with numerous bumps.

Unfortunately if no complains nothing gets done. I think multiple threads are good. What would add to the csse for reform would be some form of structure so that data can be aggrgegated.

Example would be Arrived at T? at L?? at ??.?? am/pm from ???. ?? minute wait for UK ?? wait for non EEA, ?? desks in operation, ? IRIS machines working, ? EU-PASS gates working. (Plus any additional issues such as held on plane for ?? minutes or escalators turned off for Heath and Safety concerns. Just my proposal. Lots and lots of hard facts.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Weds 18/4, T1 at LHR at 0835 am from VIE, wait for UK 60 minutes, wait for non EEA, estimated 10 mins, most desks in operation, 0 IRIS machines working, unknown how many EU-PASS gates working.

Binman62
    Participant

BT…given that this issue is now widespread across all LHR terminals can you either extract a statement from UKBA or the home office please. I also think it about time th express were involved generally as a the moment it appears to be story many are happy to deny or cove up.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Not long back from MUC on LH. Forty three minutes wait for immigration, three desks for EU, probably about the same for outside of EU but five desks open and the queues in T1 for non-EU are usually shorter.Warned on board there would be a wait and apology that the situation was outside the control of LH. No machines working.

Tim2soza
    Participant

In the past year, for my trips the avg time to get into the UK at LHR, LTN and STN is a factor of 10x the average time getting into destinations in EU and US.

The immigration problem at UK airports is a national disgrace. If you are flying into the UK for the Olympics, please allow extra time. A modest day or two will do it.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

I know it is time consuming, but instead of listing the details on here why not register a complaint on line to the Border Agency
    Perhaps they will also get fed up of complaints on line and do something about it?

http://Www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk and look for the contacts link

Perhaps their responses could be put on here?

RichHI1
    Participant

“Thank you for your email and comments. These have been passed to the officers at terminal 3 and also added to your file.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls