Superb BA TV advertisement

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

My task. To convince the kids that they missed the plane in the street whilst they were at school. Parked right outside the house. Can even see the car parked in the driveway! So might not be that difficult!

andystock
    Participant

Such good fun, must have enteted 10 diffetent postcodes on it!!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Nice.

Much better if you enter your UK postcode via the link than simply viewing it on facebook or youtube:

http://taxi.ba.com

RichHI1
    Participant

Or Iphone or apple device, as prior posted.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Good advert but telling us ….Not To FLY..??…..err…. OK wont..ever…… lots of other airlines.

Assume that means that when the “Oly hoards” have all been discharged at Heathrows special Terminal 5.5 the planes will return to where they came from..empty..?

RichHI1
    Participant

Eureka, I have just figured out the BA commercial. Dave has shared the findings of the Government review into aviation with Willie Walsh.

The Government is comitted to keeping UK at the fore front of civil aviation and recornizes the needs for LHR to have extra runways and safeguard the LHR investments of BA and VS the UK carriers. The situation is complicated as too many Conservative and Liberal voters would suffer property price effects if there is more traffic in the Heathrow area. As a result the government intends to build the additional runways at Norman Foster International in the Thames Estuary now to be called LHR runways 3-6.

What the commercial cleverly shows is the new proposed taxiways to connect R 3-6 with the terminal areas.

“this will also bring back to Britain the record for taxiing distances from Schiphol”.

Any additional timing in taxiing will be more than off set by the lack of queueing for runways.

For VIP customers and politicians, a shuttle will operate between r3-6 and r1-2. Obviously this will not be necessary for regular passengers who will gladly endure the taxi length as it is character building and part of what made this country great…

iTravel2
    Participant

Neat ad and with iconic image crossing Westminster bridge.

Shame about the unnecessary “Don’t fly” part of the headline…. maybe that was Iberia’s pilots’ contribution or BMI baby’s farewell?

Must rush as need to cancel that booking.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Well, I wouldn’t think too deeply about it.

The 777s look great around the stadium; I for one am staying put over the Olympics if at all possible; don’t want to miss it!

http://www.taxi.ba.com

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Am I the only person who thinks it cheesy, pointless and naff?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks for that DoS. I never knew Deborah Moore was Rogers daughter. Obvious now I suppose but I hadn’t made the association!

I like the add and whatever one thinks I suppose we have to admit it’s very cleverly done?

Vertrek
    Participant

Good advert, although I’d like to see more races in the advert, especially the themes is Olympic, where the world meet in one spot.

canucklad
    Participant

Update on my earlier post…..youngest rugrat now runs to front window everytime a plane flys overheard louder than normal! Task completed successfully ….other 2 boys just think i’ve lost the plot…they went out onto the street and came to the conclusion it wouldn’t have been able to turn in the cul-de sac….tried to baffle them with reverse thrust jet wash mumbo jumbo but to no avail!

theworldtraveller
    Participant

amazing, groundbreaking – I love it!

lloydah
    Participant

I asked a friend if they’d “Like to see a plane in their street?”

“My god, has there been an accident!?” was the only reply they gave as they leapt up.

Binman62
    Participant

The ad is very good and shows our home in the postcode clip. Like others I do not think you should be thinking too deeply about this. The Olympics are in London, BA are a major sponsor. They could hardly have a strap line that says……”get out of Town”…….which is exactly what I am doing…

It is not however ground breaking.

There is a web site called portable north pole (PNP) which for anyone with kids of a certain age and who still believe in Santa is a must.

Santa provides a personalised and free video message using your kids photographs and events from during the last year. Absolutely magical and we have been using this for 3 years now. This year they even sent a birthday video for my 8 year old son.

And just so the singletons do not feel left out there is also a section to allow santa to send a ” grown up” message.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls