Suite with a view, advice wanted.

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• esselle
    Participant

Mr Michael
    With your warmth, you have started what deserves to be the most memorable thread on BT. Carpe Diem.

Whilst miles from your original post, if you love the sun and the sea, with lashings of swank, head for Sicily. The Belmond in Toarmina. Sip a Negroni ( that would be my choice, but hey!) on the terrace overlooking the Bay.

All the best!!

SGJNI1961
    Participant

@Mr Michael

I can only admire your attitude and determination and wish you good luck and hope you achieve all that you want to.

The higher floors of The Intercontinental O2 have terrific views of the river, docklands and Greenwich, not sure if you will get the larger table but worth a call. Should fit the budget quite well on nights with no events at The O2.

Whatever you do, enjoy!

Charles-P
    Participant

MrMichael – very sorry to hear, my best wishes for the future.
    Have you considered the Intercontinental on Park Lane in London. They have some good mid-week rates for in room dining and the views across London are excellent.

Cloud-9
    Participant

Mr Michael. Have you considered the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge?

Or using any spare hotel etc points that you may have, to either enhance the experience or lessen the blow on your pocket….

Hoping you get somewhere wonderful.

MrMichael
    Participant

Thank you all for your very kind words and advice. I have opted for St George’s Wharf in Vauxhall. We have a lovely 2 bedroom apartment with absolutely glorious river views. The fully fitted kitchen will be manned by a “rent a chef” with a great four course menu cooked and served for us at £115 per head. Our two special guests will stay on the Saturday night so am expecting a late(ish) night. I am hoping to feel well enough to at least have one glass of wine and totally ignore doctors advice.

I am also hoping to stay sometime soon at least one night at The Shard.

All the best everyone.

Michael

canucklad
    Participant

Have a great night Michael and I hope your rent a chef is more John Martin than Ronald McDonald
    Not sure from past comments if you like a dram or 2,if you do, can I recommend a recent find….an 18 year old Aberfeldy.

icenspice
    Participant

I hope so too, Michael. You and your family are very present in my thoughts.

Cloud-9
    Participant

So pleased you have resolved your search satisfactorily.

Hoping you all have a wonderful time: you deserve it

MrMichael
    Participant

It was brilliant, weather spoiled the view a bit but hey, I cannot blame anyone for that. Terry the chef was marvellous and cooked a smashing menu that I regrettably was only able to nibble on.

MrsM is treating me to a night in a suite at The Shard tonight, I dread to think what it costs but am looking forward to it immensely. I will even have a butler! Will try to do a full review if anyone is interested.

K1ngston
    Participant

MrMichael, I am so sorry to hear your news, please stay strong and have positive thoughts…. I also wish you the best for your bucket list …..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

So glad you had a great time MrMichael. And the Shard must be fabulous so what a treat and I definitely would like to see your report on it. Enjoy it. I’m sure you will.

Cloud-9
    Participant

Glad your chef wasn’t Terry from Fawlty Towers! 😉

Enjoy the Shard: I always take overseas visitors there but have never been lucky enough to stay

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls