Start a new topic

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

PLEASE DON’T JUST PUT YOUR POST AT THE END OF THIS THREAD – THAT WILL JUST ADD A POST TO THIS THREAD.

To start a new topic, you need to go to this page (NOT YET!) scroll to the bottom to find the forum you want the topic to start in (eg: Airlines, and within that, Emirates) and then create the New Topic.

You do this by scrolling down on the forum home page through all the Airlines and finding Emirates – and then at the bottom of the page you’ll find the Create New Topic.

We are very sorry the forum is so difficult to use but until we can find a way of making it easier to post – please follow these instructions.

handbag
    Participant

What is the difference between,

Favourite, Subscribe and notify me of follow up replies via email.

Will you get notified via email if you click any of the 3 above?
    Is there a way of doing the notify me if you haven’t done a response?
    Thanks

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Good questions – I think if you Subscribe to a thread then you are notified even if you haven’t contributed to it (or replied). Favourite means you can order the display so your favourite threads come up first in your view – but this is not enabled at the moment because everyone is finding the forum difficult to use as it is.

handbag
    Participant

Thanks Tom. So to get it clear. Subscribe and replies via email are the same thing.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

They amount to the same thing, yes, but only if you have contributed / replied.

Subscribe makes you a passive user on that forum – it’s a way of getting updates when you haven’t replied

Replies via email means you want to get replies via email).

There’s a link explaining here

Favorites vs Subscriptions

handbag
    Participant

Thanks. Not easy at first getting your way around new sights.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

We’ve added a couple of fixes – the text in the topic box is darker and also larger.
    thanks
    Tom

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

This is now fixed

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Tom, I’ve tried to start a new topic about BA but it isn’t working unless the instructions are incomplete. This has to be the most convoluted site for starting topics.I cannot believe it is so awkward!

MarcusGB
    Participant

Hi Tom.
    I am finding the same actually, and have just given up several times recently.
    I am trying to update on my experiences and the cuts abound, at Etihad Airways.
    There is no opportunity to Create a new topic, or even enter under an existing Etihad thread, and it states at the bottom “Etihad Airways… Topic is now closed” no replies or new topics able to created, and nothing to click on.
    This simply is not working for the Site, and we seem to have lost many regular contributors.

It really does need urgent attention, and simply having an area to create new comments to click on returned. Many subjects do not fit into the current threads or topics either, so you cannot go under an existing heading as it is not a match!

We are all missing out on others experiences during our travels, and much information.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

MarcusGB, that’s the rub and I agree with you, namely it appears the number of posters has declined. 18-24 months ago the numbers of posters ,content and discussion was shall we say ‘robust’. Whatever happened to Vintage Krug?. Tom you need to find a fix and quickly

TominScotland
    Participant

CathayLoyalist2 – you miss VK? Certainly, her/ his input led to robust debate!! One of her/ his biggest fans remains a regular poster on this Forum so not all is lost (LOL)!!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I agree – the forum is much quieter, and when I meet with readers who were previously regular posters they say they find the experience of trying to log in and post on this forum at best, painful.

So I’d like to thank those of you who are doing so, and assure you that we are trying to fix this as quickly as possible.

Suggestions gratefully received on this thread please

New Forum for Business Traveller

thank you

Tom

1 user thanked author for this post.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Every time I follow these instructions, it takes me back to this page! (Trying to get into Accommodation/Extended Stay)

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Sorry about that – I don’t think there’s a bug on the website.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Start a new topic’ is closed to new replies.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls