New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 338 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

You would think so, wouldn’t you?
    It’s very easy to delete the 54 posts they did in a few minutes, but it shouldn’t be so easy for them to create an account – ironic when you consider most of our subscribers are still struggling to do so.

Charles-P
    Participant

I have long wondered why the time and effort these people put into such work is not directed toward legitimate enterprise. There must be a point where all the effort required for dubious activity does not pay off with enough results to justify it. I recently read a book detailing the life of Meyer Lansky, the Mafioso and it was telling that in one of the few interviews ha gave shortly before his death he said he wished he had simply been a legitimate businessman, in his words,

“probably the same amount of earnings for a lot less problems”

SimonS1
    Participant

Charles – there probably isn’t much effort. A lot of posts like this are done by bots. To be honest the BT forum isn’t hard to register for and with a web address and user name/password it is easy to do this.

That’s why I’m surprised BT didn’t go with one of the generic forum models, they do all this work for you having seen it all 1000 times before.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Badly advised, I guess

TS-Andy
    Participant

I am not a fan of the new “forum” page for the simple reason that flight reviews by users have disappeared. I don’t know where to look for them so I went to the SEATPLAN section. Hardly saw any comment posted on these reviews. I suppose it does not come in handy to readers as the previous forum page.

peter19
    Participant

I’m not getting email notifications again when i subscribe to topics – 3 replies in one particular one I have commented on and no email in my mailbox.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@peter19 – same same, but quite honestly, it is a small inconvenience.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ve “raised a ticket” on this one so I hope it will be fixed. Sorry about that. Tom

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

1. I think you should now be getting email notifications again – though they always seem to be in my junk folder.

Also we have fixed the issue with airlines disappearing after “c”

thank you for your patience

Tom

Ahmad
    Participant

I started getting mine a few days ago. Fortunately in my inbox to boot.

travelsforfun
    Participant

Here’s a question for you – I’d always assumed that the Forum box on the right displayed the most active discussions; but I’ve noticed in the last day or two that this isn’t the case. Is that deliberate? It does somewhat stymie some interesting threads.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

No, it’s a fault. Good spot! I’ll ask for it to be fixed.
    thanks
    Tom

peter19
    Participant

Thanks Tom, I can confirm back in action for the emails (to my inbox and not junk)

TominScotland
    Participant

Decline of the Forum

Am I alone in thinking that the level and quality of contributions to the BT Forum are at an all-time low? I don’t want to blame it on the new format (that is old hat now) but it is commonplace to visit the site these days to find the most recent contributions are 12, 20 hours old. That never used to happen. Certainly, we have lost some active and valuable posters but the Forum does not appear to have attracted new blood in their stead.

Here I am being deliberately controversial but I think part of the turn-off for some people is the obsession with all things BA and trivial BA knocking that is rather like a worn record. We have an example of it at the moment, posted last night, under the heading ‘How Disappointing….’. Sure it is ‘funny’ but is it of any value/ import to business travellers? It would be great if we could move to a more balanced, less UK-centric, less-BA bashing level of discussion.

But then, it is April 1st today so take this post as you choose….

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Could be. But traffic is higher than ever so i think part of it is how hard the forum is to use.

But next week we will have a New Topic button – finally!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 338 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls