Sleeping prone on the sofa: Concorde Room

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=902069]Are you telling me that the Concorde Room doesn’t even have a relaxation area with loungers or daybeds?[/quote]

Apart from the small number of bookable cabanas, that’s right – the F Lounge has none, so you can’t blame knackered travellers for making themselves comfortable and sleeping, IMO.

handbag
    Participant

[quote quote=902134]BPP[/quote]

My experience as Crew, has shown me that bad manners, thieving, anti social behaviour has nothing to do with what cabin someone is in, if they are an upgrade, if they have paid for an upgrade, or if they or their Company have paid for it. Bad manners come in all shapes and forms.

canucklad
    Participant

I have to say, I find the tone of this topic rather amusing. And to theReal Babushka, I’m sure you’re in no way elitist, maybe The Concorde Lounge is the only lounge you’re fortunate enough to use : )

[quote quote=902069]Why do so many solo travellers make a beeline for a sofa or a group of four chairs that could be used by colleagues travelling together or by a family?[/quote]

100% agree, and not just in lounges, it’s just plain selfish !

[quote quote=902069]Are you telling me that the Concorde Room doesn’t even have a relaxation area with loungers or daybeds??[/quote]

Isn’t the Concorde Lounge BA’s flagship crème de la crème premium passenger bolt away ?

[quote quote=901311]Sorry that I disagree with you this time: I have been there many times, but I would never lie prone on a sofa in a lounge[/quote]

I have been there, multiple delays, abdication of responsibility by the airline, so I can understand it……as long as they remove their shoes and have clean socks etc !1

[quote quote=902157]BPP I think it’s wrong to blame ‘paid access’ visitors.[/quote]

A sense of entitlement normally stems from those who were spoilt as children , and I’ve actually seen some very silver spooned people help themselves to a booty, so they can use it as hand-outs to their staff!!

[quote quote=901394]One of my mother´s favourite films was “Gone With The Wind”. Now I know why!![/quote]

No, No, No …..My top of the pile pet hate, …… My dear’ I don’t give a damn…… about the health benefits, when I’m consuming a liquid refreshment , the last thing I need is a whiff of someone else’s innards. worst thing about the smoking ban in Scotland !!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=902157]Apparently BA’s White and Company bedding is a very popular steal.[/quote]

Good Lord! Do they really have beds at home as short and narrow as a Club World seat?!

I almost feel sorry for them…

TonyR
    Participant

[quote quote=902199]TonyR wrote:
    BPP I think it’s wrong to blame ‘paid access’ visitors.
    A sense of entitlement normally stems from those who were spoilt as children , and I’ve actually seen some very silver spooned people help themselves to a booty, so they can use it as hand-outs to their staff!![/quote]

I didn’t write that, Capetonian did!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The only thing I take off an aircraft are the PJ’s and washkit, plus a spare toothbrush and paste. Being travel size they are very handy and no problems with security. I will confess to taking the odd ashtray or two when they were given on aircraft many years ago and there was a time when I collected spoons (don’t ask why) so would occasionally take the odd tea spoon. It was Moritz Suter of Crossair fame that gave me permission!!!

The only thing I take from the lounge is maybe a packet of peanuts or a chocolate shortbread. Useful with a tea in my hotel room! Otherwise I’d never dream of taking anything of value or loading up as I’ve also seen people do.

BPP
    Participant

I’ve read your responses with interest.
    When I was in a very well known 5 star Hotel in Madrid last year having breakfast, it was apparently ‘the done thing’ for many guests to load up on food in a big way.
    Despite a notice on the entrance to the restaurant saying that food taken out would be charged for, very many guests (mostly Spanish) were making up very nice cold lunches and packing them up to take away. They were also ‘liberating’ whole boxs of cereals, fruit and even napkins.
    When I queried this with reception, the response was simply that it was unmanageable and the cost was built into the room rates.
    Similarly with Airlines and Airport Lounges, pilfering is built into the cost. This does not make it acceptable – whoever does it. It simply increases the cost to everybody. To say ‘If you can’t beat it then join in’ is no answer. We all as travellers have a responsibility to behave propperly and with consideration to our fellow passengers.
    In the end, it really is up to the service supplier involved to ensure that inconsiderate or impropper behaviour (including dress) is effectively managed! That way we will all benefit.

BPP

2 users thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=902272]I didn’t write that, Capetonian did![/quote]

Apologies TonyR , was in a bit of a rush.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=902340]with Airlines and Airport Lounges, pilfering is built into the cost. This does not make it acceptable – whoever does it. It simply increases the cost to everybody … In the end, it really is up to the service supplier involved to ensure that inconsiderate or impropper behaviour (including dress) is effectively managed! That way we will all benefit[/quote]

I quite agree

Meanwhile, back in reality…

stevescoots
    Participant

never taken a thing out of a lounge, not even a bottle of water. I sometimes take a big table on my own but only if i am working and need to spread out paperwork. I never seat block with my bags or body parts. I have only taken 3 items from a plane. A blanket from AA for the wife as we had a long drive ahead and i knew she would be sleeping while i was driving. a couple of flannels off EK as i was going strait out into the heat and they are handy to mop ones brow, and….a bottle of Bulgari aftershave from an EK A380 washroom as i really liked it(its now the brand i use) so i see it as a marketing freebie. I note they now don’t have vaporisors on them so you cannot just put in your pocket, so i guess they have lost a few!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls