SIA to Aus – offer

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• thecartoonman
    Participant

@ LuganoPirate – 12/04/2013 13:10 GMT

I took a number of flights in the 1970’s LHR to SIN with SQ, the route was London-Amsterdam-Rome-Bahrain-Bangkok-Singapore, it seemed to take forever, and I am not sure, which of cities they had traffic rights to break the journey.

My late father quoted 30+ hours in the 1960’s on an RAF Britannia from the UK to RAF Changi, but, if you were lucky you got the Comet 2 and a major time saving, though this seemed to stop at most RAF bases down route. Happy days!

BigDog.
    Participant

Stonking offer HT –
    So special certainly worth considering if planning an Oz trip. I would much prefer a suite than a claustrophobic private jet.

AlexPo1 @ 18:50

Methinks Lion Air would now no longer be a candidate for your list of LCC carriers LON-OZ

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/indonesia/9991740/Plane-crashes-into-the-sea-in-Bali.html

JohnHarper
    Participant

Thanks HT, we’ve just booked saving £2K on two F fares to SYD. We’d have been travelling anyway for a family wedding and would have paid the asking price to either SIA or EK but nice to get a reduction.

Binman62
    Participant

in face of competition like this, will BA be able to sustain their fare levels.

The answer is yes they can as they simply are now offering just 14 F a day to SYD and via SIN on 777. They operate from the most affluent area of Europe and focus on point to point traffic as well as corporate deals which will keep them full albeit at yeilds that are not great.

You need to factor in that few if any F fares are sold on BA.com and in any event they will have their own cosolidators for leisure market.

The SQ fare is surprising

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Well it’s not a surprising fare if you book and fly SQ from the US.

Here’s a US-based travel agent which has special first and business class fares with SQ to a whole range of cities in Asia and Australasia.

I presume the first class return to SYD of USD 6,335 would involve flying via SIN with a departure from the US West Coast.

One of the transatlantic fares advertised is JFK-FRA in first class for a mere USD3,455 return. Isn’t that route served by the A380 ?

http://www.asaptickets.com/business-class/airlines/singapore-airlines

LondonCity

The last time I flew JFK-FRA was in 2011 and the aircraft was a 744. I believe they have now all been retired from SQ’s fleet. You are right about the A380.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

WOW those are good deals!! However it looks like SQ may be panicking as it is exected that Changi traffic growth to slow as Qantas drops hub and AirAsia closes base

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/singapore-changi-traffic-growth-to-slow-as-qantas-drops-hub-and-airasia-closes-base-105062

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Why would SQ panic about about Qantas or Air Asia withdrawing?

I would have thought they would be delighted to have less competition at their home base.

The airport authority are at an advanced stage of developing terminal four and they won’t hold back on that.

An opinion about everything……..

Knowledge about nothing.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

According to CAPA “Passenger growth at Singapore is slowing significantly”

SimonS1
    Participant

And??

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Obviously SIA are suffering badly which will be why they have in the last twelve months upped their LHR-SIN offering to four services a day and on most days of the week all are operated by the A380 and on all days at least three of the services are A380s.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls