SIA to Aus – offer

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• Anonymous

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’ve never seen an offer like this before so if you are thinking of flying to Aus in the course of this year it may be interesting.

http://tinyurl.com/d8bl77c

This is simply the best way to Aus IME and no need to slum it in BA C sold as F at these prices!

londonlad
    Participant

Yep, £6000 a pop, great deal. Put me down for 5…

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Compare and contrast with Chiltern Railways 50 pence return offer to Birmingham…

excessbaggage
    Participant

Yes, one could take around 12,000 trips to Birmingham for that 😉

Hi HT

I still haven’t been to Australia, and am trying to work out a route involving flights of no more than 6 hours, much in the same way as TominScotland’s interesting alternative to Hong Kong. I’m sure it’s possible. BA would be at the bottom of my list, but it does offer attractive o/w fares in Economy. And if I was going so far I would definitely do a RTW.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ excessbaggage – 12/04/2013 12:08 GMT

“Too much of a good thing…” perhaps? 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Interesting comment you make Alexpo. I always used to resist flying for more than 6 hours without a break. This was much easier in the days of IATA fares and when airlines could not fly Europe to Singapore non-stop. From memory I recall the trip as being 18 hours ex AMS. I’d then make two stops, usually Dubai and Sri Lanka which broke the journey and in my opinion made travel more bearable.

I’d still like to do that, but the fare structure of the airlines, especially using different carriers makes that a very expensive luxury, so I now just put up with it and fly non-stop!

However, £6,000 in F all the way down under looks a good deal to me and if I was going that way I’d definitely consider it and put up with the very long flights.

Pierre
    Participant

Hi,

I gave a call to this agency checking the cost of a trip to Tokyo & Rio which are my coming destinations: (prices in F class)
    on AF: Departing LHR-CDG-NRT, ab.7000 Euros.
    The direct flight today on AF site from CDG to NRT reaches 9500 Euros.
    Rio: on LHR-FRA-GIG: 7080 Euros.
    Rio from CDG on LH 9300 Euros
    Someone was asking why British pax were transitting in CDG,AMS,FRA.. I will start transitting via LHR…
    And for sure call this agency for better fares.
    Nice flights!

flyingcanadian
    Participant

Hi Henkel.Trocken.
    Yes, a great offer. I was about to add a post myself until I saw yours! Along with this offer, IF you are a OW FF, then CX are offering great offers in F & C. Perhaps the business down under is not as vibrant as it used to be? QF merging with EK was perhaps a sign of things to come?? I have just returned from SYD for an Easter break, and the premium cabins were not full. We return later this year, and we will definitely take advantage of the SQ offers. TG are also offering SYD/AKL fare deals, but not at present from the UK. EK are giving deals from YYZ/JFK, so is there too many seats available? How are BA loads to SYD?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Unsure but suspect the loads must/demand must be high as BA are charging just over £7k for the cheapest fares and marginal redemption available

flyingcanadian
    Participant

Thanks for your reply BeckyBoop. However, in face of competition like this, will BA be able to sustain their fare levels. I am NOT a OW member, but on reading the blogs on this Web-site, I gather there are many loyal BA/OW Top-Tier members. That is fine, but if you can travel F-Suite class return for £2K less, would you not switch during the promotion period? Even to see what the competition is offering?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Yes.

Hello LP

Travelling to Australia is definitely possible using only LCCs. Returning to Europe via the Americas is another question. As you say, once all the extras are added such as hotels etc. it makes sense to get the journey over with in the shortest possible time.

MarcusUK
    Participant

It is not the warmest of times in Oz now, not really a peak season for tourists. I used to live in Sydney.
    The AUS $ is the highest against the £ ever just now, barely getting $1.4 to £1. Gone are the days of 2.7, it is not a reasonable place for the Brits and Europeans these days!

The Emirate Region / Airlines (Etihad, Qatar, Emirates) are stealing business from all cabins from Europe, missing out mostly the Far East. There are a huge number of good services from Sydney for eg to Abu Dhabi with Virgin Australia / Etihad, Qantas / Emirates.

Add in the QF Re-positioning with EK rather than BA, and it must make a dramatic dent on numbers from the Far East to Oceania numbers. No wonder there are good off season offers just now…

Air Asia’s Flat seat cabin for LCC, often have seats in / out of MEL for half the price of SYD, around £450 each way. Shuttle up to SYD for £70 easily.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls