Request for assistance – dummy booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

I’m sure VK/SM will be along soon to say this is an enhancement by BA designed to ensure an outstanding travel experience.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Martyn

Normally a lot of activity for a particular flight will lead to yield management reducing availability in the lower booking classes of Business, especially if there were a lot of near simultaneous requests.

Interestingly though in this situation a lower booking class (1 seat) has now become available – D Class – 3 now showing in C which is what the past fare was based on. So if FDoS had booked earlier he would have paid £330 more than for the same flight now (if it had been a genuine reservation). So flight prices do move constantly.

christopheL
    Participant

On the French website, the information provided in the ”about your flight” box is very different wether or not you have logged in. One of this differences is … Sleeper service which is only mentionned when not logged in.

When logged in :

“Lounge access with refreshments, facilities to work, or areas to simply relax
    •1 piece of hand baggage (56cm x 45cm x 25cm/22in x 18in x 10in) plus a briefcase, laptop or handbag (45cm x 36cm x 20cm/18in x 14in x 8in)
    Arrivals lounge offering hot breakfast and shower facilities up to 2pm
    Priority check-in, boarding and disembarkation
    Earns 17290 Avios
    Complimentary Skyflyers activity packs for children”

When not logged in :

“•1 piece of hand baggage (56cm x 45cm x 25cm/22in x 18in x 10in) plus a briefcase, laptop or handbag (45cm x 36cm x 20cm/18in x 14in x 8in)
    This is a Sleeper Service flight – a tailored service aimed at maximising your sleep on board
    Pre-flight supper available in the lounge
    Stretch out into a seat that converts to a 6ft (183cm) fully flat bed
    Space, privacy and comfort enabling you to sleep, work and relax
    Lounge access with refreshments, facilities to work, or areas to simply relax”

All this looks very weird !

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

christopheL

Amazing, a very different description.

Clearly there is something very wrong here, as multiple posters have encountered different information, depending on whether logged in or not.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Just tried a dummy booking for BA114 (sleeper service from JFK) with the same result

– Logged in, no mention of sleeper service in ‘About Your Flights’
    – Logged out, sleeper service clearly mentioned in ‘About Your Flights’

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Just tried a dummy booking for BA106 (sleeper service from DXB) with the same result

– Logged in, no mention of sleeper service in ‘About Your Flights’
    – Logged out, sleeper service clearly mentioned in ‘About Your Flights’

Tirana1
    Participant

I confirm the error you describe is replicated; no reference to BA188 as a sleeper service when accessing booking post log-in to BAEC, whereas without logging in it is clearly described as a sleeper service. (Logging in using corporate vpn, IE).

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks Tirana1

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Tried some more dummy bookings

BA073/072 LHR AUH LHR – no mention of sleeper service when logged in, sleeper service stated when logged out

BA124/125 BAH LHR BAH – – no mention of sleeper service when logged in, sleeper service stated when logged out

Sleeper service mentioned when not logged in.

In conclusion, it seems fairly clear that ba.com has an error that only supplies information about sleeper services to people not logged into the executive club.

As a frequent traveller and long time BAEC member, this error fooled me on my recent flight when I checked to see if it was a sleeper service and there was no mention, backed up by apparently a typo on the sleeper service page that lloydah also provided a link to, meaning that my flight BA188 appeared as BA118.

As I am unfamiliar with the EWR-LHR route on BA (and the later BA186 service was declared as a sleeper, it was logical to think the earlier flight was full service.)

Given that I ordered a special meal and thad the request confirmed by email, I don’t think I did anything wrong here, yet received a bad service fail for my efforts.

This seems completely ridiculous to me and I am now composing a letter of strong complaint to BA.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Good, FDoS. Let us know how you get on. And is there any chance of pointing out that even where sleeper service is mentioned, the site doesn’t really explain that this means no proper meals (either special or ordinary) on board and that eating in the lounge is necessary?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Will do, Ian.

I’ve also brought the thread to Tom Otley’s attention, so he can investigate and alert BT readers, if he feels it is appropriate.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Just to let those who assisted know, I have written to BA stating factually

– sleeper service info appears when not logged in, but not when logged in
    – there is a typo that turns BA188 into BA118
    – there appears to be a policy not to load special meals on sleeper services, but ba.com still confirms the request

I’ve also added a couple of other points raised in the thread.

I haven’t asked for any compensation and have set an expectation that I wish them to correct the errors so that other travellers get the correct information.

I will let you know the response.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

No reply from BA, as yet, but I did receive an unsolicited email from customer services, which I felt I needed to share…

“Thank you for speaking to our crew on board your flight to London Heathrow recently.

I am sorry you were disappointed that you did not receive a meal on this flight to London Heathrow and I am concerned, you were not aware of the sleeper service on board of these late flights.

On flights departing late from some US stations we offer Club passengers the option of having a meal in the lounge prior to their flight and serve a reduced meal service on board. This in in recognition that the majority of our customers would prefer to sleep on board and therefore we minimise the amount of crew activity that would disturb them.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration this has caused.

To make some amends I have credited your Executive Club with 7500 Avios Points.

We do value your comments as a Gold Executive Club member and we appreciate you taking the time to get in touch. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon. “

It’s difficult to know where to start with this email, but the CSD said he would report it and I said specifically that I did not wish to get a banal letter from CS, that missed the point and just dumped Avios on me.

CS….

– Have seem to have missed the point that the report was about an unfulfilled special meal request

– There is no acknowledgement of a broken process and any intent to fix it

– I am not a Gold member, anymore, but Silver

– They dumped 7,500 Avios on me

So, what a load of compost.

BigDog.
    Participant

Yes FDOS, the short termism has led to a propensity to buy off a complaint with handing out points. The leadership fails to understand that endorsing a culture of short term pay-offs as opposed to addressing the root cause will lead to its staff taking a similar sticking plaster approach. Gone are the days of a quality brand and pride in the quality/reliability of the product.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Update – no response as yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls