Request for assistance – dummy booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

• TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I think the multiple requests are driving BA yield to think this is going to be a busy flight and causing some flight availability changes. Looking at GDS only down to 2 C Class seats and if people have looked at same time might be why price differences are showing?

Also having checked in a clients Exec Club area again (there are 2 ways to seach flights), 1 shows Sleeper service (if you go back to BA home page as normal customer) – but if you do it through Exec Club – Book Flights – it doesn’t show as a Sleeper Service.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks Tim, appreciate your help.

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Logged in – no Sleeper Service mentioned
    Not logged in – Sleeper Service mentioned
    Same price for the flights though.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks Speedbird ABZ

AMcWhirter
    Participant

FDoS – I’m not registered with ba.com

But when booking as “not logged in” BA188 is described as a Sleeper Service.

I’m using Windows 7, Google chrome, humble HP laptop.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks, Alex.

Hi FDoS

Same here – when logged in, nothing to suggest it is a Sleeper Service. Logged out – it is made clear.

Almost made a booking by mistake lol.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks Alexpo, pleased you didn’t book it 🙂

lloydah
    Participant

If you look at the info page re. sleeper service it lists 118 and 186, there’s no mention of 188.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

lloydah

There is another page that lists BA186 and BA188, just to add to the fun and the general view is that the page you are viewing has a typo, since BA118 is a flight from India and therefore should read BA188.

Prufeshunal, eh?

Str8Talking
    Participant

When logged in, I get no indication in the About Your Flights section that it is a Sleeper Service.

Interestingly, I’ve had a different account specific (it seems) issue when booking packages. In the past, I booked flight and car hire packages which, while logged into my BAEC, very clearly indicated a few thousand bonus avios would come my way for booking them together. Having completed my travel with no sign of said Avios, I contacted BAEC, only to be told that it is only valid for accounts registered in the UK or US – yet it came up while my account was registered in a different EU country! Go figure!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks, Str8Taling.

It seems the majority of people get different info, when logged in.

That’s been a very helpful exercise.

lloydah
    Participant

Troooly prufeshonal – surely if it’s a typo it could be corrected in a time scale that doesn’t include the word aeon. If you see info on one page you hardly then think to look for it on another just to make sure it’s correct – do you?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

No you don’t, a point I made on another post when it was being suggested I was at fault for believing the page you quote.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Tim – could this exercise really have an affect on the prices for these tickets. There are 10 – 15 people who have run this exercise… surely ticket prices should be more stable…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls