Questions regarding World Traveller Plus

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• JRoker
    Participant

Hi,

I have World Traveller Plus for a British airways long-haul flight from London to Vegas. I am thinking about upgrading to Club World but want to make sure about some stuff first.

It says this about World Traveller Plus:

In World Traveller Plus you can enjoy a glass of sparkling wine after take-off and a starter, main and dessert. During your flight you can choose from snacks, hot, cold and alcoholic drinks delivered to your seat.

1. Do I understand it correctly that I will be able to get free alcoholic drinks and snacks how much I want during the flight for free?
    2. Do you have any example of what snacks is here? Is it only like candy and nuts or can it be something else?

superchris
    Participant

Yes free alcoholic drinks during the flight. I find they are slightly ‘stingy’ bringing to your seat, but a quick wonder to the economy galley and you can grab your own.

The food is okay, they actually give you a main from club world and the second meal service is generally the same as economy. Snacks are available from the galley, normally, biscuits, crisps and if youre lucky some sandwiches.

I personally find premium economy good value particularly for longer daytime flights. I generally choose an aisle seat in the middle that way youre rarely disturbed by people getting up.

1 user thanked author for this post.

JRoker
    Participant

Okay so I can get as much snacks and drinks as I want in World Traveller Plus?

Then the only difference with that and Club World/Business is that you get lounge access on the airport with Club World/Business?

Nick Pike
    Participant

That, and you get a seat which turns into a flat bed in Club World. And a private suite with a door if your aircraft has Club Suite. Check the BA website.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

‘As much snacks as I want’
    – this would depend on what there is in the Y galley. Quantity may be limited and you’re looking at things like small packs of biscuits, pretzels etc.
    While the main course of the main meal is Club like, the starter and dessert are generally more of a Y offering. As is the 2nd meal service.

In terms of drinks, again available but will most likely require you to go to the galley and ask.

There is a fairly significant difference between WTP and Club in terms of the seat, space etc.
    The main meal service will offer more quantity of food and starter, main and dessert will be served separately and not on one tray as in WTP.
    Drinks on request at the seat are more likely, though wines are normally left by the snack area (which has a better range of snacks, though these may run out).

If it the price difference isn’t too great, J can be a good option, especially on a flight of around 11 hours.

I often use WTP to JFK. For 7 hours during the day, it’s a product that works well for me, esp in the front row as no-one reclines into you.

JRoker
    Participant

Yeah, now I’m actually tempted to upgrade to Club world, because it only costs $115 which feels cheap because then I will get a little bit more food, a bed and also lounge access at Heathrow. Because I’m going from Heathrow to Las Vegas.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

and a significantly bigger and better screen for the IFE.

SimonS1
    Participant

The seating is totally different in WTP compared to Club.

ASK1945
    Participant

JRoker wrote: “Yeah, now I’m actually tempted to upgrade to Club world, because it only costs $115 ……………..”

If that is correct then don’t even think about it – upgrade to Club World ASAP.

There is another difference between the classes: WTP and Club World permit more than two or more suitcases each.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

For $115 jump at it. Extraordinary price.

CW is a no-brainer if you want to sleep and have more space plus feel more exclusive. If you just want a bigger seat than economy and free flowing alcohol and snacks, WTP should suffice.

cwoodward
    Participant

‘Free -flowing’ is perhaps perhaps a rather extravagant description ?

sparkyflier
    Participant

JRoker – and if a member of the British Airways Executive Club loyalty scheme you get far more avios and tier (status points) than in WTP – 140 each way versus 90.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I actually find the WTP seat very comfy indeed (although not tried the A350 version of this product..) and agree with AlanOrton1 that on flights up to 7-8 hours it is fine. But Las Vegas is over 10 so for $115 extra it is well worth it. Huge difference in product, service, food etc and other benefits.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

‘Free -flowing’ is perhaps perhaps a rather extravagant description ?’

cwoodward – well I don’t believe there are any restrictions / subject to the passenger not being drunk.

cwoodward
    Participant

From what I read offerings of ‘booze’ by the crew is far from readily forthcoming. I have not travelled in that class myself but it appears to be a decent offering otherwise.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls