Qatar's 5 stars

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

• Rob1nkm
    Participant

I have flown staff, and our family on Qatar recently – I have flown 3.6M miles on the OW alliance and I am absolutely disgusted with the service levels, at every part of the Qatar Airways experience.

I flew in the Q Suites a few years ago and remember thinking about how progressive they were in their product, however something seems to have changed massively over the past 4 years.

They are like the Ryanair of the Middle East.

I have also tried to get in touch with Gary Kershaw. Elusive so far.

Rferguson2
    Participant

I like Qatar, I have never been a huge fan as their service style doesn’t really align with what I tend to enjoy (very rigid and forced versus a more genuine approach) however I don’t think I could really compare their service, inflight seats or catering nor their ground product (such as lounges) to Ryanair.

Would be great to hear some specific examples of the issues you have had to compare them to Ryanair levels and what changes you have noticed over the past four years.

Although unlikely to impact the customer experience (well, you’d imagine not in a negative way anyway) I know things have recently changed for QR crew. QR is without a doubt the strictest of the Gulf carriers in terms of the rules their mainly expat crew have to abide by. Two of the biggest were the ‘curfew’ and the accommodation restriction pre flight. The curfew insisted that all crew must be in their security monitored apartments between the hours of 4am and 7am. Regardless of whether you are on a block of days off or not. The accommodation restriction mandated that crew had to be in their apartment for the nine hours prior to checking in for a flight. So, if you were checking in for a flight at say 6pm and at midday wanted to pop out for some lunch or a workout – not allowed.

These two rules were both abolished just a week ago.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

The real value in a brand is not when things go well, as they should , but how they deal with matters when things go wrong. That is where most companies fall down. Whether it is Pre Sale, Actual Sale or After Sale. all three have to be very good . Even if one of them is out of synch then a top rating is not deserved

cwoodward
    Participant

Exactly CL2. That has always been the weakness of Turkish as an instance and the strength of the top Asian airlines particularly Singapore and Cathay.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls