Qatar Business Class Issue

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• goalie11
    Participant

On the subject of business class issues and Lite fares etc, am I right in my understanding that if I book a flight on the BA website and the ticket is issued by BA as I class and the flights are a codeshare with Qatar, then it will also be an I class ticket with Qatar, which is above the two cheap fare options thus giving both lounge access and seat selection. I no longer have BA status.

kammm85
    Participant

from my experience BA (not their issue) will state all included as per code share with other one world. but you will need get in writing from Qatar to avoid their check in chaps deciding otherwise

BPP
    Participant

Some months ago having maybe found a better price for LHR-BKK with Qatar when booked via BA, As an exercise I decided first to contact Qatar via e-mail to ask the questions of seat allocation and lounge access. Although I had a reply it was very vague, basically ‘It all Depends!’.
    I then rang BA. The answer there was ‘Book the seats through BA, but seat allocation has to be via the Qatar website using the PNR for the booking. How much this will cost? ‘It’s variable and ‘It all depends’, that’s down to Qatar, sorry can’t help more.’
    This must presumably all also be the case for the reverse – BA flights booked through the Qatar web site. Bearing in mind that BA normally charge for advance seat allocation (other that high tier loyalty Folks) then I suspect the only real way to find out is to try it.
    As an added complication what happens when 1 sector is with a BA aircraft and the 2nd with Qatar aircraft as was the case??
    I just could not be bothered with the hassle and uncertainty so booked with EVA (direcct) instead and saved £850 in the process.
    If somebody has actually gone down this route, it would be nice to know.
    BPP

goalie11
    Participant

Thanks both, BPP my experience in looking at this was very much the same as yours. What attracted me was the fare difference, the I class fare on the BA website, with travel on Qatar, was £1500 per ticket cheaper than on the Qatar website for travel between MAN-BKK.

BPP
    Participant

Hi goalie11
    I have an aquaintance who now routinely flies from UK to BKK with Qatar but via a (local) stopover in Amsterdam or Helsinki or Munich or anywhere in Europe really. Just adds a day or so either way but seems to work for him and I gather the savings are still conciderable using the LCC’s for the ‘Local connection’.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls