Qatar Airways winter 2016 schedule

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)

• AleRomUY
    Participant

rjhcambs, u r right!
    After reading ur post went to Airlineroute.net and saw that. Hopefully the flight I use the most changes as well.
    Anyway, it’s good that they also changed the schedule for that 788 flight and it is more appealing now.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Sooner or later ,QR will end up deploying the 787-8 on most of its long haul ,thinner routes as a replacement of the A332,333 ,346.Firstly coz they still have more 787s joining the fleet and secondly coz the A332 ,333,346 onboard products have become oldish and not contemporary by all means .

Kimi_CDG
    Participant

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/101856/qatar-airways-to-fly-b787-8-to-jakarta
    No, seriously?

@KSHaggag
    How did you do that? Ok, these are not exactly your flights (QR957/QR956 vs QR959/QR958) but, still, I’m impressed 🙂

Can I just ask to have the A380 three times daily to CDG? And a proper business lounge as well there? :p

Note: J pax will be happy. Not sure about economy pax given the numerous complaints about QR 3-3-3 configuration in Y.

Personnally, even in J, I prefer the 777. I can’t move much my feet in the 787 seat and I don’t like the “new” IFE system. A failed move to the touch-screen world.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Kimi_CDG ,

Personally ,I don t like either the new business class design adopted by QR on the 787-8 ,A350, A380.I do prefer by far the traditional ,much more spacious design and seats of their 777-300ER and 777-200LR .
    I am just blaming seat designers rather than the airlines themselves ,who buy from what is on offer in the market of seats /designs .Under the name of privacy ,the cocooning approach is becoming the norm ;The result is : much tighter seats .We pay business class for xtra space more than any other commodity whatsoever .
    I still salute some “”””SPACIOUS””””” BIZ CLASS cabins of the following airlines notably : Garuda A332,A333 – QR 777-300ER ,700-200LR ,KLM 744,A332,A333 new and old designs .
    LH 747-8 ,A346,A333 the new design ….
    The ONLY seat in the world with a contemporarty design albeit veryyyyyyyyyy spacious is the SQ 777-300 ER,A380 ..nobody comes close .
    I am still convinced the Airline Industry is trying to catch up with the luxury of the good old days in the 70s,80s ,etc AND HAVE NOT YET MATCHED it .Time will tell .

AleRomUY
    Participant

KSHaggag, I agree with you and especially of your mention of Garuda’s 330 and Qatar’s 77W.
    Regarding QR, it’s funny that after I sent the feedback regarding the aircraft on QR 957/956, it appeared that they decided to change the plane but not on those flights. Matter of coincidence!!
    Anyway, in a couple of weeks when doing the outbound 957, I am again on a 333, for sure not a newly refurbished one! Thank God that then I continue on a 77L to Philly!

Kimi_CDG
    Participant

AleRomUY
    Yes, sorry for the confusion, my post was about you. That’s quite impressive 🙂

Flightlevel
    Participant

The A380 is ‘overcapacity’ & reducing ticket prices to beat competition, that sounds like the Americans’ complaint. If they’re profitable – & they are, let’s have more of them, & reduced prices, there are plenty available & they’re much more comfortable than their competitor aircraft, must be those wings made in Wales!

AleRomUY
    Participant

Kimi_CDG, thanks!! I knew ur post was about me. As I said, I don’t know if i made that effect or it was coincidence, haha.
    Anyway, if they change the planes, it will be for the enhanced comfort of all my fellow passengers flying in Biz class out of/to JKT.
    I keep fingers crossed that they decide to deploy it also on MY flights!!

KSHaggag
    Participant

QR are generally deploying the older aircraft on the lower yield routes .KUL is certainly one of those .I am still wondering though why HKG is still put at a disadvantage and has been traditionally operated by an oldishhhhhhhhhh A332 ;now they say it s a refurbished one ;I have not flown it recently to judge .
    At this stage ,I am not even sure how much longer the more spacious 777-300ER design will last before switching to the more ceontemporary ,less spacious current design implemented on the A380,87,A350 .

AleRomUY
    Participant

KSHaggag, I don’t think Jakarta is a low yield route. The planes out of here are always pretty full, at least on Business, but I guess also on economy when I see the bunch of people boarding.

KSHaggag
    Participant

AleRomUY ,

Thanks !

Jakarta is a higher yield than KL and BKK ;BKK is big volume but low yield ;London is not very different though i.e. big volume albeit low yield .London is among the lowest yiels in Europe ;QR tends to discount it to fill the vacant seats on 6 daily flights ,this is more than huge !
    Singapore is a high yield market yet smallllllll and more Premium than Eco .
    Indonesia is a big market and the good thing is that it generates First Class traffic ,which is rare in Asia nowadays .As you know ,Garuda is deploying a First Class on its Jakarta/Narita route operated by the 777-300ER ,which is a very uncommon trend nowadays in that part of the world .KE is also offering First on its Jakarta routes .
    Wealthy business people in Indonesia plus the Japanese make the First Class service sustainable .
    Good for you !

AleRomUY
    Participant

Dear KSHaggag, I agree with what u say.
    There is a huge market in Indonesia, particularly in Jakarta. All the planes are full out of here, and yes u r right, there is a huge First Class market and that’s why Garuda has First on their 77Ws, which by the way, is more than amazing!!!
    So, with this market, why doesn’t QR deploy better aircraft to JKT when for example EK has 3 daily flights all on 77W.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Although Garuda has first class on six B777-300ERs, the remaining four B777-300ERs it has on order will be delivered without first class.

So for the time being, Garuda will continue to offer first class on those B777-300ERs which have already been delivered from Boeing.

According to CAPA the final four B777-300ERs will be configured for business and economy class only.

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/garuda-resumes-international-expansion-with-787-9s-a350s-2-class-777-300ers-single-class-a330s-229960

rodders
    Participant

KSHaggag
    Just returned on the QR 7 this morning from Doha to London, scheduled to operate with a 777, at the gate the familiar wingtips of an A330 appeared, no notification from QR, but it was the new refurbished flat beds, in a word dire. Very cramped, especially the window seats, they are the same design as the seats on the A319 and the regional A320’s in the QR fleet. A badly designed seat, with all the magazine stowage, water bottle holder, behind the seat, and av controls to the rear of the arm rests, the aisle seats looked more spacious, so overall a rather poor “new seat” from QR.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Rodders ,

Sad to hear this !…Frankly I have not tried this seat but just seen it upon boarding when I was flying Economy .Of course ,I would not expect it to be on par with the 777-300ER seat ;that I am not sure when exactly it will vanish to be replaced by the tighter ,newer seats embedded already on the A380,787 ,A350 .
    I really wish I had lived longer in the era of the glorious First Class cabins we had evoked earlier ..

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls