Pizza Hut, Bur Dubai, Sh.Rashid Street, Al Karama, Dubai, UAE

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I remember it well Esselle. Every year we have the Lugano Jazz festival and later in the year it’s the Blues to Bop and both feature some big names. Even better, it’s all free.

BTMEEditor
    Participant

Andrew66 – we did a little taster on Rhodes W1 in current BTME (p10).
    Colourful venue! Bright greens, yellows and whites with astroturf on the walls. Formerly Rhodes Mezzanine, the new casual venue serves up Brit favourites such as shepherd’s pie, smoked haddock and jam roly-poly. If you like seafood, we have a piece on the new Geales Restaurant Lounge & Bar at the nearby Le Royal Meridien in the November issue (www.geales-dubai.com).

KarlMarx
    Participant

FWIW

I hardly bother to read the BT site anymore, as there is just too little of interest to the business traveller.

So I will exercise my right not to read most threads and agree with Majdi’s comments about the inappropriateness of a Pizza Hut review on a business travel website.

Ekond222
    Participant

KM I see what you’re saying – would one conduct a business meeting in Pizza Hut – May be BT can set up a review section (like they have for flight reviews) for Hotels + Restaurants (Although I would classify Pizza hut as a fast/junk food establishment).

Or would reviews of this type be better placed on tripadvisor?

esselle
    Participant

So what criteria would you attach to a restaurant review being appropriate? Main courses £30.00 and up? Michelin star? Linen on the table? Doesn’t serve HP sauce in plastic sachets (like they do in F on BA)?

Or perhaps potentially of interest to others who may be travelling in the area?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I would not conduct a business meeting in Pizza Hut, but obviously this traveller decided to refresh himself in Pizza Hut….

We are not all on thousand dollar business expenses… I would personally not choose to eat in Pizza Hut, but clearly, some travellers do decide to eat there…

Lighten up everyone….. Pizza Hut is a very profitable business!!!

esselle
    Participant

MartynSinclair

+1

Ekond222
    Participant

MS – going out to dinner is an event – when entertaining on business – I only take clients to restaurants that I have personally been to before or has personally been recommended to myself.

SL to digress to an earlier entry – Level 42 played the Albert Hall last night – I saw them at the Forum (Town and Country Club) in the early nighties. I also saw Mark King perform with Led Zeppelins’ John Paul Jones, Queens’ Brian May, Deep Purples’ Ian Paice, Iron Maidens’ Bruce Dickinson and Alfie Boe (Opera singer) at the Sunsplash Jam last year – excellent.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ekond222, but what happens if you are down route, on business, with a spare evening. Do you:

1. go for gourmet dining
    2. go for a takeaway
    3. go for hotel food
    4. try local street food
    5. something else

us International business travellers, with global reach, whose every second needs to be accounted for, forgetting our self importance… do need some “me time” when we are away..

Interestingly, one of my biggest clients, who is a United Nations (naturally who is a very senior and important person) – I met him for the first time in Starbucks somewhere in Asoke, near the BB building…..

Its not all about silver service….

… and no, I will still note enter Pizza Hut… 🙂

Ekond222
    Participant

….When I have a spare evening, hungry and on my own – I tend to try street food – for example at 1.00am in Dubai local Indian cafe’s where construction workers eat – freshly prepared i.e. not a buffet – noisy bad service but good food.

Yes I too have met clients for a coffee in Starbucks/Costa when convenient (but hardly memorable or worth raving about) unless I know of independent establishment nearby (not necessarily expensive) I will use that – for example the Troubadour.

esselle
    Participant

Ekond222

That’s some line-up!!

Ekond222
    Participant

SL – it was electric – Alfie Boe covered LedZeps Rock’nRoll….and nailed it….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The coffee is absolutely not worth raving about… but the revenue gained from the initial meeting most certainly was……

Andrew66
    Participant

thanks BTME editor for the info , other reviews I’ve also read suggest its worth a visit , I’ve also viewed Indego and that looks fantastic too , so I might have to end up using Pizza Hut the other nights to make the budget stretch that bit further !! I’m sure we can find other lower cost venues though .

On the other note recently discussed , I saw Level 42 in 1983 at the Tunbridge Wells Assembly Halls before they became more worldwide known , I think the only song everyone knew was ” the sun goes down … Livin it uo ” their first top ten hit ? Great and entertaining . They were playing Wembley a year later !!

SimonS1
    Participant

Could have been worse Andrew, they might have been playing the Pizza Hut in Dubai 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls