one world lounge/BA at Amsterdam

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• pyosbkk
    Participant

Does anyone know when it will be open for sure? Thank you for your insights.

CheerUp
    Participant

The sign saying ‘closed for exciting developments’ has been on there for years.
    No news to suggest an opening date, and as far as I’m aware they are still temporarily using the Cafe Flor area on a temporary basis.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

The below from Travel Spill posted on the 23rd September

“Oneworld Lounge Coming to Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS)
    Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is another key airport with many Oneworld flights but no dominant Oneworld carrier. While British Airways opened a Galleries Lounge in 2015 at the airport, the lounge closed last year with no plans to reopen. That meant that there has been no Oneworld lounge at the airport. With the contract Aspire Lounge closed for renovations, this has left premium cabin passengers and elites on Oneworld carriers without a proper lounge experience.

However, according to a new rumor, things are about to change. The old British Airways lounge will be converted to Oneworld branding. In addition to being renovated, it will also expand into the space that previously housed the Aspire allowing for a more spacious environment. The extra square footage will be a real asset at Amsterdam Airport, especially given how busy it gets with flights to non-Schengen destinations. Among Oneworld airlines, British Airways, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, and Qatar Airways all regularly operate at the airport. British Airways alone flies to Amsterdam nearly 20 times a day from London on peak days.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

It’s 18 December 2023 and BA eligible passengers are still asked to use Café Flor opposite gate D7. The space is tiny and it truly beggars belief that this is the lounge offering at such a major European airport. No word or confirmed date of when a refurbished BA or OneWorld lounge will open.

pyosbkk
    Participant

Many thanks for all the posted information. It is strange to me since one world pax would all use the same temporary arrangements.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

QATAR offered me a Euro 20 or 30 voucher to use at any outlet instead of the room they call a lounge. My advice is, take a voucher if offered. There are Priority Pass lounges, but they get full very quickly.

3 users thanked author for this post.

SenatorGold
    Participant

Last night staff on reception at Cafe Flor told me that the new One World lounge should be open mid-February. Fingers crossed.

pyosbkk
    Participant

Great to hear. It will be a big bang for One World.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

The oneworld Seoul lounge has officially opened, Amsterdam shouldn’t be long now.

Seoul welcomes first oneworld branded lounge

pyosbkk
    Participant

Now approaching mid feb, has one world lounge opened yet ? If you have come across, please let me know.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi pyosbkk – our understanding is oneworld is still looking at a mid to late February opening for the Amsterdam lounge.

SenatorGold
    Participant

The friendly reception staff at Cafe Flor this morning are informing guests that the One World lounge will open this coming Thursday- 22 February.

pyosbkk
    Participant

I’m sorry I missed it this round, I was there Sunday 18th morning. Many thanks for this information.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi – we can now confirm that the oneworld Amsterdam lounge opened today (21 February). We’ll have a news piece on this later today.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls