Norwegian

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• HighlandTraveller
    Participant

Thanks m&scava

I will try to report on how I find Norweigan. I would suggest BA provide some IFE on that LGW-LCA route- do they not have A320 with overhead monitors?

The main advantage of BA is that I can book direct from WIC which is an advantage when things start to go wrong….

m&scava
    Participant

Not on the LGW unfortunately – they do on the 767 ex LHR.

Enjoy Larnaca – a bit grim this time of year though, I’m afraid!

HighlandTraveller
    Participant

Further to my posts earlier I flew these sectors on Tuesday returning tonight

Easyjet was an hour late out of INV because of the plane that was meant to fly the sector going tech. Another A319 was brought up from LGW.

I had plenty of time at LGW. Usually flying BA I have not flown from the South Terminal for some time. I thought the shopping etc was better than North. However, I did not think the No1 Traveller lounge was as good in terms of space and ambience as in the North Terminal. In fact the lounge seemed cramped and poorly laid out but it may simply be I am not used to it.

Norwegian were flying from gate 11 which was adjacent to the shopping area. We pushed back around 5 minutes late and landed about 5 minutes late.

Service was very good. Plane 737/800 nicer than the a320 I expect to came home on tonight.

Wifi was not hugely fast but worked ok. Video on demand not working but thankfully I had work to do!

We landed 5 min late. No passport queues and straight through

I had paid for extra legroom seat but even taking that into account I was about 1/4 of price of club europe seat. Yes the lounge would have been better, yes the food would have been better (I ended up with a pot noodle), and yes I will probably ensure I retain status with BA for long haul. However, I would recommend Norwegian who on this limited experience I put ahead of easy jet. Would also consider them long haul for family holidays; particularly their generous premium economy.

In fairness to BA the service was excellent tonight and the Purser was first class- even jokes in the safety brief about asking questions to check people were listening and the whistle being for attracting passing fishing boats. 30 min early into LGW. However, no wifi and poor legroom in club Europe- they should arguably decide if they want a short haul business offering or not….

PS weather was nice in LCA- pleasant 24 hours!

mkcol74
    Participant

Completely agree with you re: No1 Traveller in South terminal. It’s a tiny space (which has been expanded) with a very peculiar layout. I’m not sure I’d bother with it again if I ever had to pay directly for it.

Spacebunny
    Participant

Norewgian accepted cash Euros for inflight food today on Helsinki-London flight so maybe they have changed their policy.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls