Norse Atlantic “to explore strategy options”

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Some readers may encounter a paywall for Flightglobal so I have reproduced some copy below.

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/norse-atlantic-to-explore-strategy-options-including-part-ownership-by-another-carrier/156632.article?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=Sendible&utm_campaign=RSS

“Norse Atlantic indicates it is exploring part-ownership by another airline as an option for its future strategy.

“The company has been engaged in rounds of fundraising through share issues, to shore up liquidity over the winter season dip.

“Norse has tightened its links with Seabury Securities by recruiting the company as its investment banker.

“Towards the end of last year Norse had attracted the interest of two airlines – neither of them identified – seeking to explore “industrial opportunities.”

According to Seabury that option would include “developing strategic partnerships” with another airline which could include it taking a “material ownership stake” in Norse.”

So developments are awaited.

Mark wrote an update on Norse a couple of weeks ago. At time of writing Norse has not made any decision on Las Vegas although it has been granted slots (for Las Vegas) and Gatwick slots would be available as Norse has slimmed its US schedules for summer 2024.

Norse Atlantic drops routes from Gatwick to Boston and Washington for summer 2024

1 user thanked author for this post.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

I hope it’s IAG which would then give BA the equipment to fast track the upgrade of the Gatwick fleet, although I doubt IAG would be interested in part ownership long term.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

@AndrewinHK – I believe that all Norse 787s are leased so, in terms of IAG taking on their equipment, I guess this would largely depend on the terms of the lease as well as the time taken to refurbish the aircraft (assuming that IAG aren’t interested in Norse as a going concern).

cwoodward
    Participant

I remember posting when this crowd re started as Norse after their last failure in which many lost the total of huge amounts invested that Norse would not last long. I am still of that opinion.

transtraxman
    Participant

I agree that “this crowd” have a hard road ahead which they do not give strong signals of being able to travers convincingly. However, the “crowds” behind NORSE and NORWEGIAN have been able to beg, borrow and twist enough arms so as to keep alive and provide a service to the customers who remain loyal to them.

I would not write them off very easily They may still have a future. LH is embrolled in its takeover in Italy with ITAL. AF/KLM will have enough on its plate trying to digest SAS. Unless you are thinking of Turkish or Qatar, there are no alternatives to IAG. Whether it maintains its identity or is absorbed into LEVEL or Aer Lingus UK is another question.
    NORSE, I think, might well retain its identity. So do not right off “the crowd” too soon.

transtraxman
    Participant

“Norse Atlantic Airways raises $6.64mn in new share issue,” ch-aviation, 26-01-24

https://www.ch-aviation.com/news/136495-norse-atlantic-airways-raises-664mn-in-new-share-issue

transtraxman
    Participant

¨”Wow: Norse Atlantic Airways Is Selling Transatlantic Flights For Less Than $100,” Simple Flying 1-2-24

https://simpleflying.com/norse-atlantic-airways-sub-100-transatlantic-flights/

Is this a genuine offer or a last ditch attempt to fill some seats?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thanks transtraxman.

Maybe those very low fares have now been sold but when I checked fares over the coming weeks into March there are seat sale offers on every day.

transtraxman
    Participant

“Norse Atlantic Airways extends subleases on four B787s,” 14-2-24, ch-aviation

https://www.ch-aviation.com/news/137070-norse-atlantic-airways-extends-subleases-on-four-b787s

This means it is keeping its planes flying to ensure income, especially over the winter period. “The agreement will increase total cash profit during the extended sublease periods,” it(the airline) said.
    Also Norse expects to be on track to have all its aircraft flying in 2025.”….we look forward to building up to a fully operational fleet of 15 aircraft in 2025.

Another operation is on the cards for Norse.
    “nigerias-air-peace-eyes-norse-atlantic-pact-for-gatwick-ops.”

https://www.ch-aviation.com/news/136607-nigerias-air-peace-eyes-norse-atlantic-pact-for-gatwick-ops

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls