Nonsense “ThinkTank” Says LCY Should Close

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Come on Marcus, the DfT can’t even organise a rail franchise without a glorious balls up.

Please don’t expect the government to think strategically.

canucklad
    Participant

Morning Marcus

I commend the government using “Think Tanks; it’s the ultimate in job & thus wealth creation.

Just pay other people an obscene amount of money to do your intellectual thinking for you !
    This frees up time to concentrate on complex issues like expenses forms, devising ever more bewildering excuses and travelling on fact finding missions.

Sounds like a Win Win to me

Panda01
    Participant

MarcusUK- I agree with you and ThinkTank is talking about something that it dosen’t know about much. The only people that should be deciding what airports should close and open, is people that know what they are talking about.

transtraxman
    Participant

Think Tanks are in the same league as pollsters and (some)consultants in general when in the hands of politicians.
    The worst thing is when they are used to justify decisions already taken.
    “Tell me what you want and I´ll give you the statistics to prove it”.
    The HS2 project is an example of something being manipulated when it should be debated.

As Canucklad said, “Think Tanks; it’s the ultimate in job & thus wealth creation”.

Close LCY? – Nuts.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Clearly LCY is profitable and creates many jobs in the area. If they can make it work why close it down.

I think these think tanks just dream up ideas to keep themselves clothed and fed!

andystock
    Participant

LCY is the best airport in the south east, plane to sitying on the DLR train in 5 mins. It creates employment for the local area:

http://www.londoncityairport.com/AboutAndCorporate/page/LocalEmployment

stevescoots
    Participant

Utter rubbish from yet another self serving lobby group

SergeantMajor
    Participant

The trouble with such articles is that not everyone understands the background or motivation of these so called “Think Tanks” and in future years will quote chapter and verse from such reports as if it was written impartially.

It is not.

I happen to believe LCY would need to close to permit the necessary expansion of a larger airport in the Thames Estuary.

But that’s decades away, by which time it will be possible to get from the City to the new airport(and indeed, across London) in less time than it takes on the DLR to LCY now.

http://www.fosterandpartners.com/ThamesHub/

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls