No breakfast on BA domestic

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

canucklad dont CX, SQ EY etc.. all serve champagne regardless of your flight time?

I am really surprised that not British airline offer the chance of having an “All Day English Breakfast”

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s never too early for a ‘poo.

canucklad
    Participant

BB…I believe so, although there are 2 differing thoughts……

1) Being civilized says…wait till the sun has crossed the yardarm
    2) Being globally civilized means that somewhere in the world the sun has crossed so said yardarm so ………

And it’s now time for my bacon butty…..HP or Ketchup…mmmmm….so many life changing decisions!!

Travellator
    Participant

I regularly travel on an ex europe flight to the uk in CE, it is timetabled at 11.25 so no hot meal just the extended breakfast – for a 2.5 hour flight. Ironically in real terms it very rarely departs before 11.45.

I call this timetable engineering.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

The whole thing is a badly managed penny pinching exercise.

superchris
    Participant

Im with VK on this one ( a first i think), the failing here is clarity to the customer and frankly what hacks me off every time as I never seem to know if I will wont get anything resembling a decent feed.

When I think I will be fed, I invariably get a biscuit and go hungry, or when I assume I wont, and have eaten in the lounge, a lovely hot meal comes my way. Would rather fly EZY and know where I stand.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’ve just seen the wallet ad – so you don’t need it to pay for the much needed drink. It’s a pity you can’t buy a much needed sandwich or two when due to the ‘enhanced’ service times you are faced with afternoon tea having missed lunch and had no time to pause in the lounge.

What planet are they on?

pixelmeister
    Participant

Um… have you experienced the delights of catering on other airlines that charge you for the food ? Aer Lingus trot out tired sandwiches at around 3.50Euros a time (£2.60ish) O’LearyAir will stiff you for the sandwich, the plate the napkin and the bin to put your rubbish in, Squeezyjet take you for £3.50 for a sarnie and sting you £2 for a cup of tea. Hot meals ?? Suspect you would have to preorder. There was a good report done by MoneySupermarket which highlighted the rip off by carriers who charge for inflight catering. The moral of the story is to either fly with a full service carrier and accept whatever comes as part of the overall ticket price, or to regardless of who you are flying with, pick up something airside before boarding.

highspeed1
    Participant

Actually, on 12 November I flew the 08:55 BA shuttle from LHR to GLA and was pleasantly surprised to receive the airline’s equivalent of a full English breakfast – that’s a lot better than the measly brioche one would be offered in economy on a European flight of twice the duration. My return flight on 13 November, the 17:15 BA shuttle from GLA to LHR only had a variety of sweet and savoury snacks available as well as a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. I couldn’t take advantage of the alcoholic drinks because I was driving from LHR to home, but I found the overall offering on both sectors to more than meet my expectations for a relatively short, 1 hour domestic hop.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls