No breakfast on BA domestic

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• Anonymous

AlastairActually
    Participant

Does anyone know if there has been a change in domestic catering recently? There was no breakfast on the 09:30 from EDI to LHR this morning, so I headed to Starbucks for a sausage butty straight off the flight.
    A lot of the passengers were grumbling and the cabin said that they were surprised that there was no breakfast.

flier74
    Participant

With the recent catering changes as of last week the timings have been adjusted. Breakfast finishes at 0929 and the snack is served from 0930.
    Tis snack service has an enhanced choice hence there was no breakfast on this flight. Hope this helps

SwissExPat
    Participant

I find this unacceptable.

flier74
    Participant

SwissExPat then make your voice heard. I am sure you won’t be alone with your thoughts and since it is a recent change, evaluations are still taking place.

TominScotland
    Participant

I struggle to see what the fuss is about here and why this is unacceptable. BA domestic flights are of a maximum of 70 minutes and a full, cooked breakfast is served on flights departing earlier that 09.30 – in other words, all flights that depart during what most normal people would see as the breakfast period. Please tell me which airlines offer an all day breakfast on short, domestic flights?

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Might be because in Tesco and Wetherspoon, breakfast is served until 11am, or 11.30 if you’re lucky! Other cooked breakfasts are available – but not on any other flights as Tom asks.

Bucksnet
    Participant

BA domestic flights are of a maximum of 100 minutes.

Bruce98
    Participant

“Please tell me which airlines offer an all day breakfast on short, domestic flights?”

easyjet, who offer a number of menus for purchase.

Mind you, would you really like to eat on a BA plane? The last few I’ve been on were grimy and I was just pleased to get off. Even on a 6.5 hour flight, I prefered to wait and eat on arrival.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

AlastairActually, didn’t you get offered any kind of snack like a muffin or pastry?

NTarrant
    Participant

Aer Lingus used to have an all day breakfast for sale on all thier flights to/from DUB and LHR/LGW

esselle
    Participant

Last time I ate one of the wonderful breakfast panino things on a BA domestic flight, I was half way through it before I realised I had forgotten to remove the wrapping……………

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

For what it’s worth, all the domestic carriers in Australia have a simple timetable for food service, based on departure time:

0500-0900: breakfast
    1200-1400: lunch
    1800-2000: dinner
    Light refreshments at other times.

I was surprised to hear that BA was serving breakfast on a 0930 domestic flight.

AlastairActually
    Participant

I had tea and was offered a choice biscuits, or I think you could have a packet of crisps if you had a cold drink.
    I know that 09:30 is past breakfast time for most people, but on the other hand people do leave home early to get to the airport even for a flight at this time and may not have had their usual breakfast at home.
    What caused the most grumbling was that regular travellers were surprised by the change.

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Slightly off topic, but JohnPhelan’s post reminds me that if you travel on Eurostar in the premier classes (ie where a meal is provided), then that meal is breakfast for all departures before 11.00 am.

On a recent trip to Brussels, my scheduled departure time was 10.56, with arrival just after 2.00 pm CET. I would have thought that was quintessentially a trip at lunchtime. But no, the 10.56 departure meant I was served a small continental breakfast. I suppose a continental breakfast is cheaper to serve …

What made it even worse is that our departure was delayed 15 minutes or so, but of course with the food they had on board, breakfast it was!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls