No. 1 Traveller Lounges: STN, LGW N & S, LHR T3

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Hi Ian_from_HKG – yes, you can visit the travel spa separately and have a treatment (from £15) or use the showers (£12.50 if not paying to use the lounge). This applies at both the Gatwick North and Heathrow T3 facilities.

JetSetter11
    Participant

I used their airport lounge at heathrow and was delighted with it. Really nice comfortable decor and I love that they have a travel spa. Next time I’m passing through I’ll be sure to book a treatment!

Andresdavis
    Participant

Have experienced STN…would say it’s something which should be appreciated.

USTraveller
    Participant

The No 1 Traveller Lounge at LHR Terminal 3 is falsely advertising its services. You can access it only from departures not arrivals. So if you’re a US traveler, arrive in the morning at Terminal 3, and reserve a room on-line to shower and rest before going to business meetings, they’ll take your money but you can’t get in. The manager admitted this was the case but couldn’t/wouldn’t refund my money and so far I can’t get the head office to respond to my requests for a refund.

I have tried to call customer service at 08442-646440 but cannot get thru. On the weekend, calling from the UK, the offices were closed. During the week, calling from the US, an automated response says the number is not in service.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

To quote the No 1 traveller website about the LHR lounge

“Join us for the ultimate pre-flight experience at our flagship lounge.”

I’m not sure what from the above would make anyone think it was an arrivals lounge.

USTraveller
    Participant

My secretary should have scrolled thru to the bottom but didn’t. I had checked No 1 Traveller lounge’s Wikipedia article only. It made no mention of that crucial fact. When I spoke on the phone with a service rep, they said I should have tried to sneak thru from arrivals to departures before I went thru customs. That’s illegal.

USTraveller
    Participant

To Henkel.Trocken,
    As my secretary points out in her defense, several lounges in LHR Terminal 3 can be accessed from either arrivals or departures. So saying that it’s “an ultimate pre-flight experience” doesn’t rule out it being a decent post-flight experience. But being located inside the secure area does rule it out. No 1 Traveller’s Wikipedia article has been corrected to acknowledge that.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

USTraveller: please ask your secretary which lounges in T3 can be accessed fro arrivals or departures! Given how strick the separation of passengers is in the UK I’d love to know because as far as I know – using LHR T3 ever week there isn’t a single one!

USTraveller
    Participant

All arrivals lounges in LHR T3 are outside customs, so if you walk outside to arrivals you can walk in. If you’re departing Virgin I don’t know why you would, as the departures side lounge is much nicer. But physically it can be done. No 1 Traveller could conceivably have lounges on both the departures and arrival sides. It doesn’t. For a European traveller, I can appreciate that the departure side lounge is of sole interest. But for a traveller arriving at 6 am from the US and wanting to shower and rest, the arrivals lounge is more inviting. Indeed, to an American the very suggestion of bedrooms with showers suggests an arrivals-side lounge.

RichHI1
    Participant

Not using T5 much I am intrigued by Henkel’s post. Can BA pax access the same lounge from arrivals and departures? Surely that would compromise security and immigration? I always presumed BA had separate facilities too.

TominScotland
    Participant

Refering to my earlier posts here, I had further opportunity to use the Gatwick North No 1 Traveller Lounge yesterday, when flying BA Domestic to Glasgow – by showing my Skyteam Platinum card. My previous attempt had failed and I had been promised by No 1 that this would not happen again. Indeed it did not, although the staff did comment that they rarely saw Skyteam cards. The experience was certainly worthwhile, tranqulity at the end of a long day. I did not use all the services – hot food or the spa but maybe next time?

VintageKrug
    Participant

BA has separate facilaities for the Arrivals lounge and for Departing passengers in the other five regular passenger lounges BA has at T5.

I wasn’t aware I could use my SkyTeam Plat card to get into the Number One lounge; with it’s other duties scraping ice off the car during winter, it’s proving very useful!

TominScotland
    Participant

VK, see the BT review referenced in the post on 01/07/11.

I THINK this offer is only applicable to Gatwick North (although I stand to be corrected) as it is tied in with Delta who don’t have their own Lounge there. You’ll find it a great offer, VK, when you’re off on your next clubbing weekend to Ibiza with Easyjet.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls