No. 1 Traveller Lounges: STN, LGW N & S, LHR T3

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Just to say we still haven’t had a response regarding the above, but will chase again.

Also just to note that we will be visiting the new No.1 Traveller lounge at Heathrow T3 on August 11, and will post a review on this site shortly afterwards.

Hi TominScotland – success. We’ve just received the following response from No.1 Traveller:

“If a passenger presents the Skyteam Elite Plus card at any No.1 Traveller lounge, they can access the lounge at no cost regardless if they travel on a Delta flight.”

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks, BT. That is a good piece of news. I will report back when I have made use of the facility, using my Skyteam Platinum card.

Posters may be interested to know that we’re giving away ten VIP entries to No.1 Traveller’s new Heathrow lounge in this month’s competition.

The prize includes a treatment in the Travel Spa or champagne on arrival, and full use of the lounge’s facilities. For more details visit:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/competitions

RichHI1
    Participant

I agree that lounge reviews would be a good step forward. Based on the posts in another forum abuou lounge access it became very apparent that lounge appraisal can be very subjective, so I would like to see a structured set of criteria so reviews could be compared.
    E.G.

Free Wireless with decent speed Yes/No
    Decent pre flight dining/ Nice Snacks/ cold Nuts
    Free Bar/Serve yourselfVouchers/North Wales on a Sunday
    HD TV’s/1 HD TV/ old TV/ Radio
    Airy with views through windows/ possible to see out/ tomb
    spacious/ roomy but busy/ standing room only
    Efficient staff/Why Bother/No service

Just first thoughts but that way those who prefer good food and wine know where to look and those who prefer efficency and views know where to look. Of course if you want everything plus angelic children who are seen but never heard then you go to the Marketing Lounge.

TominScotland
    Participant

Update on the Skyteam Platinum offer. I am currently in Gatwick North Terminal and booked on a BA flight to Glasgow. I went to the No 1 Lounge here and was refused access, despite the reply BT received from them – see above. I spoke to the receptionist, the supervisor AND the manager, all of whom refused me access.

Maybe BT could take this up on my behalf as it contradicts the information provided. I would be especially grateful if No 1 themeselves were able to contact me direct and assure me that they will address this matter.

Thanks

RichHI1
    Participant

Not so much No 1 as No One.

Hktbound
    Participant

I’m also a fan of the STN no. 1 lounge although it’s frustrating that Ryanair do note post their gates until about an hour before departure and the distance between the lounges including a train ride is 20 minutes.

In answer to previous posts the no. 1 lounge at STN accepts priority pass and is one of my favourites on par with BKK and HKT ( the worst featuring AGP!)

at STN the staff are always helpful in calling Airport information and finding out where the plane is departing as they usually know long before the hour mark. Overall a great fan of these lounges with great runway views.

TominScotland
    Participant

Not my point, DavidGibson. No 1 Lounge confirmed an offer for Skyteam Platinum card holders but their staff refused to honour it. I travelled to Gatwick early in the expectation that I would have somewhere quiet to work and relax. Instead, I have been forced to hang around in the main area. I thought the No 1 staff were unimaginative and lacked empowerment in that, despite explaning the context of my being there and the BT link, they still sent me packing. Maybe, they are happy to accept negative publicity?

olliewb
    Participant

Will the no. 1 lounge at LHR T3 accept priority pass? It’s not currently showing on the PP website, maybe because the lounge doesn’t open until 14/8/11?

TominScotland
    Participant

I contacted Customer Service at No 1 Traveller Lounges about my experience and received the following reply which I find wholly satisfactory, the way that companies should respond when they do make mistakes:

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to email us about your experience at No.1 Gatwick in the North Terminal yesterday.

I would like to start by apologising that you were not admitted to the lounge and that our team on duty were not, as you have suggested, more flexible and imaginative with regards to allowing you access. This morning, I have contacted our Communications Manager and General Manager – Airport Operations, to clarify our position on Skyteam Elite Platinum cardholders, as well as the lounge manager, as it’s vital that all parties are consistent with the information they deliver. It is with great frustration and embarrassment that I admit that the information given to you by Business Traveller was indeed correct, and that you should have been given complimentary access to the lounge. I am very sorry that this was not the case, especially given your early arrival to get on with some work.

I would like to assure you that we have taken this matter very seriously indeed, and are investigating why the lounge was not aware of this situation, so that this does never happen again in the future. In addition to this, Pip Jones, manager of No.1 Gatwick in the North Terminal, will be in touch with you directly to discuss the situation and to offer you some form of compensation for the lack of service you received.

If there’s anything else I can do to assist in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Richards
    Customer Relationships Manager
    No.1 Traveller Ltd

Hi TominScotland – glad to hear you had a satisfactory response. Only just seen your last couple of posts, otherwise I would have chased this up for you.

RichHI1
    Participant

Kudos for takin gthe time to chase it up. It is only by complaining every time standards drop in a reasoned manner that things improve. I wish more people would complain aggressively (frequency not style) and not just b*tch on forums. Interested to know what they offer as compensation…

As promised, Business Traveller visited the new No.1 Traveller lounge at Heathrow T3 on its first day of operation today – more information and images can be seen here:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/no.1-traveller-opens-heathrow-lounge

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I looked at their website and have a question (the answer may be there, but I have the patience of Job’s evil twin and gave up very quickly) – can you use the spa alone, without paying the entry fee to the lounge?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls