Next BTFP committee meeting – London, Mon 23rd August 6pm

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

• Anonymous

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

This is an easyJet pre-boarding announcement. Please remain seated!

Oh no, the next forum posters’ meeting will be on Monday 23rd August at 6pm.

Let’s go for the same venue as a starter – Coach and Horses, 5 Bruton Street W1J 6PT – roughly in the middle from Bond St, Oxford Circus, Green Park and Piccadilly Circus tube stations. Note that in the 2008 edition of fancy a pint there is another pub of the same name nearby, to the west of Berkeley Square – this one is to the east. Bruton Street also has cul-de-sac style house numbering, the pub is towards the south and east side of the street – small Tudor style building.

Got 5 confirmed / intending so far – me, NT, JC, SR and Michaelangelo (if his flight from FCO is on time). Depending on numbers we might be able to reserve a table upstairs. Options to eat there or elsewhere.

The latest issue of BT will be on the table for those of you not wishing to risk identity theft singing the national anthem “In the Galleries the Krug is Always Vintage” on arrival.

Holders of Speedy Drinking Plus cards may arrive at their leisure…

PaulJennings
    Participant

Looking forward to the flight! It would be good if we could pre reserve seats…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’ve missed every one of these so far, but if there is an invitation I’d very much like to attend.

Tom Otley

JordanD
    Participant

There’s not a cat’s chance in hell I’ll be there for 6pm, but all being well I should be able to join you a little later on from then …. should being an operative word …

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Ok let’s say we just stay and eat again at the Coach and Horses so others can arrive later. Tom you’re most welcome, the first two turned out only to have 2 and 3 posters respectively although Mark and Felicity joined us for the first one, hopefully a few more this time – the nature of the business though!!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I’ll be there for six, Jim.

Hopefully, I won’t be “pushing back” for a while……

Simon

NTarrant
    Participant

Look forward to meeting you Simon

Nigel

Bullfrog
    Participant

Does one need to be invited ? ..

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Not at all it’s open to anyone Jeremy, the more the merrier; Tom from BT is also hoping to make it. Look forward to see you there.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Thank you .. am currently in France & not sure when I’m back.

if I am in London, I’ll be there !

If I am not back in London, when will the next gathering be likely to take place ?

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Just depends on when the group of regular diehards happens to be in / passing through London around the same time, so far we’ve met in January and July although not many each time. Simon R and I are meeting in Birmingham – regional tour!! – in October, will post details nearer the time.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Folks,

We still on for Monday?

As soon as I know I’ll book my train tickets.

Cheers, Simon

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I’m definitely ok for Monday.

NTarrant
    Participant

Me too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls