New York to London on One World

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

Seems like I may need to consider AA.
    The last AA flight out is the AA 104 – probably not a refitted bird ?

EastCoast747
    Participant

I am a fan of AA on the 77W. I assume a refurbed 772 will be nearly as good in J – do we know if they are using the refurbed aircraft on JFK-LHR?

dutchyankee
    Participant

If it is a two class aircraft (no First) then it will be with the new business seats. They are forward and backward facing but all with direct aisle access.

slotski
    Participant

TimFitzgeraldTC – can I check regarding upgrading and earning F class TP and Avios? I previous upgraded at on-line check-in on AA Y to J and only received points based on Y class. Assume I would have to upgrade prior to check-in to receive the extra TPs and Avios? I’m very interested as have a few AA J class flights coming soon.

rferguson
    Participant

Concorde flyer if you give me the date of travel I can check whether AA104 is new config or not. Well as it stands now anyway – it can always change between now and your travel date of course.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

All the 777-200’s on the JFK-LHR are due to be refitted planes. AA104 is only 2 class but should be new config unless plane goes tech and only have older planes to fill in. Happened to a client of mine (from the 777-300ER) and has advertised as route with all flat bed got compensation of cash of over £750. Never heard an airline to do that before for plane change to lower standard business class (all airlines should be forced to do this!).

rferguson
    Participant

I think i’d be hoping for an aircraft sub! :-))

But agree – airlines should be more accountable when they switch products.

EastCoast747
    Participant

Slightly off topic but has anybody tried Norwegian’s PE product from JFK (or any other US destination) to LGW ? I cannot find a review anywhere.
    It is usually priced at around $1800 which is a good $500 below WT+.

slotski
    Participant

AlanOrton1
    Participant

For those flying in Y on the new AA refitted 777-200, the economy section has a somewhat odd layout, with the first half being 3-3-3, and rear half 3-4-3.
    The 3-3-3 is not just the MCE section.
    It’s also reported that Y config may change again when they introduce a true Y+ seat.

Window-seat
    Participant

AA 777-200 retro fits are starting to appear a lot on the LHR-JFK route. If you book on AA’s site you can see the seats before you pay so you know weather it is an old or new one.

LCY-JFK is great for a day time flight.

BA 744 Upper deck is a firm favourite

AA 777-300 – very nice

BA 777-200 – avoid.

EastCoast747
    Participant

Slotski – thanks for the link.Decent review and it seems like the Norwegian PE product is value for money. They use LGW too which suits me (BA return there in May with a 777).

SwissExPat
    Participant

Regarding upgrades to F on AA…. not sure even I would be prepared to pay stg275 for this.

I did a review on AA F recently and it was simply terrible.. just a slight improvement on the J product and no customer service.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Just flew a refitted AA 2 class 772:
    New J cabin very pleasant, but I’d say the seats look a little narrower and not quite as much personal space surrounding the seat as the AA 773. Not quite sure why they didn’t go for the same seat as the 773,
    I’d probably rank it joint 2nd, alongside the AA J 330 seat (thought they don’t fly the NY route). A huge step up from the old AA 772 J seat that can still be found on UK-US routes, as well as the new 767 seat which looks a lot more comfortable than it is.
    Spent quite a bit of time chatting to a cabin crew member in the galley, who was convinced AA’s corporate slogan to pax is ‘We’re not happy, until your not happy’!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls