New York shut down

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

FlyingChinaman, seems the hurricane has been downgraded. Let’s hope you’re not when you eventually get to fly out?

Safe travels and let us know when you reach more clement climes?

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Rich:

I have been rebooked for a flight out of NY at 7 p.m. tomorrow. When browsing on the web, flights listed being cancelled tomorrow before 2 p.m. I think this must be to do with airlines needing some hours for getting all the stranded planes and crew back to NY from other cities in order to resume services. For sure there will be a lot of confusions at all the NY area airports tomorrow!

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I saw tree branches down across the street but the weather dry and calm at the moment and some people are out walking.

JordanD
    Participant

FlyingChinaman – According to the BBC, the Port of NYNJ aren’t opening the airports until lunchtime, hence the late starting of flights.

Glad to hear you are safe and sound.

RichHI1
    Participant

I think it is about equipment movement. The AA morning 142 is on time but the others are all timed so that incoming BA equipment can be turned around.(THe AA’s are after then anyway) I suspect carriers tried to move equipment out of JFK and LGA pror to Hurricane just in case.
    I suspect there is also the fact that MTA has stopped until noon tomorrow so with no subway and no LIRR , roadways may get really jammed up.
    Either way I expect it will make HNL look organized, which as we know means total chaos…

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Pat: Just heard on TV that the Port Authority is opening ALL NY airports earlier than scheduled. 6 a.m. for the incoming flights and a little later for the outbound services.

I am on the phone with the airline to see if they can move me up to an earlier flight.

Hopefully the drama is going to be over for me by tomorrow and I shall be able to relax under the Hawaii sun soon!

I met an English couple at the hotel breakfast room and they told me Virgin has rebooked them back to London in a week’s time. Stranded for 7 more days!!!!!!!!

I am sure they will be lot of unhappy travellers resulted from this disruption!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls