New R1 Tax

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=1092489]I thought the CAA regulated Heathrow[/quote]

Yes it does. Surely the CAA would have approved this new fee.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1092585]Yes it does. Surely the CAA would have approved this new fee.[/quote]

Trouble is, there’s a fine line between regulators interfering in private enterprise and regulators protecting us as consumers . LHR is first and foremost a private enterprise and answerable to its shareholders first , at the same time placating the CAA and its regulations.

And if the CAA allow other dubious ancillary fee’s that airports have introduced , why not chance your arm with another one ?

SimonS1
    Participant

The new fee is documented at top of page 6 here:

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam/heathrow/web/common/documents/company/doing-business-with-heathrow/regulated-charges/Jan_2021_General_Notice_Tariffs.pdf

Personally I doubt the CAA is involved. The regulator sets the regulatory framework, they don’t sign off every single charge and accounting line. In fact I see from another forum that CAA is referring any queries back to HAL.

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I wonder if LHR will help out of that fee all those shops who pay high rents to be there but have seen there turnover and profits decimated???

I think I can hear the laughter already!!

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1092649]

Wouldn’t it depend if the shops had negotiated contracts with pricing linked to passenger numbers or footfall?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1092650]I wonder if LHR will help out of that fee all those shops who pay high rents to be there but have seen there turnover and profits decimated???[/quote]

I was speaking to a solicitor about this subject this morning. He was preparing a lease which contained a clause that rents would not be paid during future Government lockdowns.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

[postquote quote=1092440]

Hi canucklad – we’ve made some changes to the thanks and report buttons, moving them away from each other and putting them in different colours. Hopefully that will avoid confusion going forward.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=1093260]Hi canucklad – we’ve made some changes to the thanks and report buttons, moving them away from each other and putting them in different colours. Hopefully that will avoid confusion going forward.[/quote]

Would it be possible to amend the settings so that when posting a link your post doesn’t always go into “awaiting moderation” mode?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=1093267]Hi canucklad – we’ve made some changes to the thanks and report buttons, moving them away from each other and putting them in different colours. Hopefully that will avoid confusion going forward.

I keep going to report people as I’m so used to going right to thank them. Maybe the buttons could be swapped, though I guess we’ll get used to it quickly.

Would it be possible to amend the settings so that when posting a link your post doesn’t always go into “awaiting moderation” mode?[/quote]

Maybe you can allow trusted contributors to post direct and not wait for moderation to approve??

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Widely reported in national media today.

Official named as an “Exceptional Regulatory Charge.”

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,
    We’ve made that change so trusted forum users should not get caught in the moderation queue.
    The only exception is when you post something and then notice a typo and go back in and correct it.
    This seems to trigger it since it’s the sort of thing spammers do – post and then when it is approved go back in an alter it placing links etc…
    But one step at a time….
    Tom

SimonS1
    Participant

Hi Tom

Maybe you can also check out what is wrong with the quoting. Two posts up in LP’s post it quotes me?? But that wasn’t my post….most of it seems to be Mark Caswell’s words.

Cheers

Montysaurus
    Participant

This is an off subject message for Tom. Most of your posters clearly know how to use the Forum to the full with attachments of photos and newspaper articles. Is there somewhere in the site which has an “idiot’s guide” to using it, me being the idiot in question!

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Montysaurus, a noble gesture. You are not alone as I would also count myself in the idiot category. I suspect your thoughts are shared by quite a few of us on this forum!!.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls