New Long Haul J seat for CX

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• AndrewinHK
    Participant

Cathay on its social media just dropped a sneak peak of its new long haul J seat, dubbed ‘The Aria Suite’ the seat has the same colour palette as the new regional J seat, it will launch in Q2 2024 on the 77W, and is advertised to ‘take business class to greater heights’.

4 users thanked author for this post.

christ
    Participant

Thanks – based on the video, they look quite smart and with plenty of storage (and a door).

I wonder if it will just initially be fitted on the few with first or whether a different approach will be taken.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

I guess originally this was planned for the new the 777X but they must have decided they can’t wait for it anymore, so one assumes it will be retrofitted on the fleet. I like the colour change, and the glimpse of the seat looks very classy, and following the trend with the door.

Gold-2K
    Participant

Hopefully it will include a privacy screen between the middle seats. On the current seat, when the passenger in the adjacent middle seat has the screen stowed and leaves it turned on, the light from it is very distracting especially on a night flight.

cwoodward
    Participant

Several websites are now reporting that Cathay will fit the new seat in many if not all of its 37 – B777-300s given that the 777X will not arrive prior 2025 at the earliest – one site is writing that the new seats will be fitted starting next year !
    I can find though nothing from Cathay mentioning this.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

Hi Cwoodward, CX in its social media posts confirmed it would be launched in Q2 2024.

2 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

The Cathay all-new Aria Suite due to be launched in Q2 next year has in the absence of any further confirmation become a massive guessing game, not only amongst the air travel medea, bloggers but of course the traveling public – as was intended by Cathay’s ‘teaser’ promotion.

It is obvious from this that seat is an advanced doored reverse herringbone design and I have become convinced that it is the “JPA Design and Williams Advanced Engineering ‘AirTek’ seat” that may well be built for them by Collins Aerospace .

This as the airline has previous worked with who JPA Design who admits on its website some months back that it is again working with Cathay to ‘confidentially’ design and develop their next generation of aircraft cabin interiors’.

This “AirTek” based lightweight seat design features an all new monocoque construction that provides storage for a sizeable carry-on below the seat, rather like a normal recliner seat but now with an increased use of light composite materials which indicates that the seat may be able to be used in Cathays new single aisle aircraft also.

My deduction above may of course not be correct – however all seemingly will be very soon revealed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls