More BA premium product cutbacks

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

The T5 First lounge no longer serves JW Blue! Not really surprising, but the decision was made as over 4 bottles a day were being drunk (or stolen)!! Concorde lounge though still serves Blue….

As reported on page 14 of this months BT magazine, British Airways is “upgrading” 18 of its 747’s. This will naturally occur in the economy cabins and NOT club world cabin.

Does this mean that Club World is now the most ancient product that remains untouched by BA for the longest period……except of course for the very minor improvements on the 380….?

openfly
    Participant

Can you believe this.?…yup!

Having removed the Club Kitchen excellent nibbles, apparently BA have only removed this from 747s and 777s. Nobody at BA has noticed that it is still available on all A380 flights! As usual, totally consistent….

Their senior managers are unaware that there is this inconsistency. One wonders if they have an area at Waterside where they keep headless chickens!!

VKsNemesis
    Participant

‘BT’ should create a new category for its next annual awards, ‘Airline That Believes Its Own Press The Most’. The winner would be BA!

esselle
    Participant

I am making my first trip on BA 380 next week, round trip to LAX with my wife in F.

I should be really looking forward to it, but for some reason I am already a little wary of what to expect.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

Dear esselle

You are right to be apprehensive. If you have travelled with ANY other airline who use A380s and been in first then you’re going to be very disappointed. I would NOT have the ‘Tasting Menu’, it’s badly curated and the portions are TINY, you won’t feel like you’ve had a meal. Also, I’ve found the young crews on that route very inexperienced in delivering a service worthy of being called ‘first class’. That having been said, think of the Avios you’re getting, that’s the only good thing I can suggest. Have a safe flight.

VKsNemesis
    Participant

Is BA the only carrier that operates the A380 between London and LAX?

esselle
    Participant

Thanks DTM

I have flown EK and SQ in F, so know how good it can be.

I’m burning AVIOS on these tickets; no chance of me spending actual cash on BA’s premium cabins.

Thanks for the advice on the tasting menu. Fingers crossed.

rferguson
    Participant

Happy to report that the full complement of Club Kitchen was back on my 777 LHR – US east coast route yesterday.

slotski
    Participant

rferguson: I am travelling to San Francisco over Xmas on CW. It will be interesting if you can report if the Club Kitchen is stocked on your return flight?

rferguson
    Participant

Slotski the ‘full’ complement (fruit/sandwiches/dips etc – all the chilled items) have never been loaded for inbound flights. Although some stations do cater fruit tubs and sandwiches for the inbound flights.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Flew first PHL roundtrip a couple of weeks ago. Terribly slow service, no call bells answered – just went to the galley to my own second drink. Food choices so awful I just had soup. Basically it only exists now to upgrade Gold EC members when they overbook another cabin.
    Soon will have my lifetime Gold, I am off to LH – that is REAL First Class.

openfly
    Participant

@rferguson The whole Club Kitchen scenario is a shambles. The Club menu still describes, and promises, lots of goodies. The menu says ” sometimes an item may not be available”. The facility is available on the A380, but not on the 747/777.
    Still, your manager who caused this mess is saving money and getting his bonus. I doubt they care that they are p…ing their Premium passengers off. But, hey, that’s BA for you these days.
    Perhaps you could feed this back to one of your faceless wonders. Sorry to hit you with this! I am sure you are totally aware of how bad things are getting…..

flyingcanadian
    Participant

Good Morning, Nevereconomy.

WELCOME TO STAR ALLIANCE! I think you will find a Far better FC product and FC ONLY Terminals in FRA & Munich!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My first flight on the 380 was very nice… (row 51)… but certainly no wow factor.. I found the seat area, by the window slightly bigger than the 747, upstairs… the product did feel fresh and the food was very good. however the crew serving the food, we’re very slow… the CSD explained they were just out of training school… some were on their first flight!!

Interesting discussion with one cabin crew member when I was “told” to put the window blinds down… a very good CSD…. said their was no need.

What did have the wow factor was the second flight from HKG – BKK on Cathay in business (A330)…. that certainly was wow in every single area… seat, service, politeness of the crew…. superb….. why oh why do BA not up their game???

SilentTraveller
    Participant

I have been very fortunate and have travelled on the BA A380 from Lax and also London- HK on a few occasions and like many other people i feel the BA product has really gone backwards … the new A380 is spposed to be the flagship and when you start to walk towards the Aircracft to board you see all the new lights and happy crew then , you go to your seat and thats it ….. complete let down ..if you go to the world traveller plus area they have something to cheer about as its all brand new experience , everything is NEW …back to buisness and its boring the seats are uncomfortable and its just feels plain … I recentley flew Shangai – HK on Cathay although it was 2 hours the buisness class service was amazing and the TLC they give you , i had forgotten what i was missing …. BA needs to up its game and become the premium brand it once was

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls