More BA premium product cutbacks

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)

• maxgeorge
    Participant

T5 Galleries Lounges twice last month – packed, queues for the toilets, mediocre food ( the hot breakfast was croissants).

Frustration.

T1 Star Alliance Lounge once – spacious, uncrowded, full selection of quality food, magazines etc ( yes, even The Economist).

Relaxation.

Agamemnon
    Participant

On the subject of Club cutbacks generally. i complained on Twitter recently about the Telegraph having suddenly disappeared from the lounges as I enjoy doing the crossword on flights.

The response was that the Telegraph’s owners had put their prices up, so they’d stopped stocking it. I could only wish DMGT would do the same with the Mailโ€ฆ but I’ve noticed we’ve got the Mirror in the lounge now – hardly very ‘premium’!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

I have given up complaining about the non-provision of Viz magazine and have taken to providing my own…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

At least BT is still supplied…. ๐Ÿ™‚

Charles-P
    Participant

The Business lounge in Dublin used to stock Private Eye, always seemed a surprising but very welcome choice.

SimonS1
    Participant

@Agamemnon. I suspect the Mirror is there for when BA enhance the Andrex supply….

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ SimonS1 – 08/10/2014 16:07 GMT

I might just be being very, very slow this afternoon but you’ve rather lost me on that one…! ยง:-)

esselle
    Participant

I get it!!

Discovery-Bay
    Participant

Obviously he is not ‘brand conscious’.
    I got it too!

dutchyankee
    Participant

I’m not even British and I got it! Loved it, very funny!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice one Simon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice one Simon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Alkaseltzer
    Participant

Suggest one of the worst events in Club is when all the passengers on a flight & their cabin luggage are crammed like sardines into just one small bus between gate & aircraft…..as happened to me at Verona earlier this year.More recently,travelling to a recently improved St Petersburg & returning,this did not happen.I would be glad to hear more of airports where this generally happens,…so that I can try to avoid them.

esselle
    Participant

Alkaseltzer

My sense is that, in most cases, the bussing is managed by the airport or a service provider rather than the airline. It used to be the case at LHR as well as regards the BA bussing, although this may have changed.

A short while ago, I was the only passenger booked to fly in First on an EK flight and they insisted I travelled to the aircraft in the First class bus, even though I would have been happy to join the J class bus immediately behind it. Big leather armchair, deep pile carpet and chilled bottles of water.

Alkaseltzer
    Participant

Thanks, Esselle.
    I agree that the bussing is usually managed by the airport or agents -so strictly I’m out of line in a topic on BA premium cutbacks-but I do find it a problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls