Mixed Fleet Removed from ATL Route

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

• craigwatson
    Participant

Now im only going by what i have seen, so am not an authority by any means, but even with the 4 single rotations it doesnt give much time for recharge.

And in the case above the person had started in Nov. and that was their Jan roster, so like I said, inexperience with the bidding system comes down to alot of it.

wmflyer – i was unaware that the figure quoted as an “average” take home was with other monies already deducted, good to know.

One question, do you get regular strings of multi days off, ie. 3-5 after so many on?

wmflyer
    Participant

This month and last I have has 2 US trips and several euro nightstops and only 2 days of there and backs. After each US trip I have had 3 days off, granted it is usually 2. My days off have been well spaced out through out the month and not had a time when I have had less than 2 days off in a row.
    I think the problems with bidding are that if you are too specific, ie a certain destination on certain dates etc, you are far less likely to achieve satisfaction.

JulianCucumberpatch
    Participant

I have a relative who is a crewmember on the P&O ferry Pride of Calais. He generally works in Langans or the Club lounge.

He works two days a week, but they are double shifts.

Last months take home pay was £1024.00

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

My billing for today will be more than that.

Others on the board will be earning more than me.

This is completely irrelevant, we pay a ticket price for a level of service and how the company provides that is their concern, if the company fails to provide an acceptable service, we can change supplier.

Please go back to crew forum or BASSA forum and deal with your internal squabbles there.

They have no place here.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Its irrelevant how much, and which crew operate the flight

As a fare paying passenger i do expect to receive the service i have paid for, and to be treated accordingly.

I should not have to look at which crew operate the flight to judge what service can be expected.

These recruits applied for the position of cabin crew, and before taking any role in the company, knew what the pay/allowances and excpections are. If they are/where not happy then don’t take the job or leave – simple really!

StephenLondon
    Participant

@craigwatson – are you saying that MF crew will operate on a Weds to Nairobi, and do a turn-around and come right back? Or will they do Nairobi on a Thurs night (23:45 departure) landing 06:20 Friday and then go and do a PRG return? Somehow I don’t think that’ll happen, either. So the roster is not quite possible as you’ve outlined it.

wmflyer
    Participant

Apologies for continuing this thread, which just appears to have been started to discredit Mixed Fleet crew.
    StephenLondon, in answer to your question, MF Crew would fly to NBO on a Weds, stay overnight, operate back to London Thurs arriving Friday. They get the rest of that day off and could operate another flight on Saturday.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Wmflyer – this is not a dig at Mixed Fleet themselves. The issue is with BA management who approved –

– intense crew rosters which adversely impact the F & J level service which the passenger has paid for.

– whole new crews learning the trade on F & J passengers as opposed to individual apprentices learning the ropes under the wing of a BA highly experienced team.

– it being acceptable for the cabin crew role to be an appropriate overspill job for any surplus BA staff.

etc.

BA have embarked on a strategy which demonstrably reduces the value of its front line troops. Rather than leveraging Cabin Crew as a major differentiator BA has gone down the route viewing Cabin Crew in the same light as LoCos whilst the huge overhead of Waterside and management continues to be a drain on profits.

BA are not alone, the BBC is cutting services and front line jobs whilst recruiting a plethora of diversity, monitors, analysts, consultants; maintaining highly paid management and celebrities; Likewise the NHS where managers and consultants apparently outnumber doctors in Hospitals.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

wmflyer

My counsel to you is to keep your head down, ignore posters like Julian Cucumber patch and focus on delivering a good service at BA.

It was obvious, at least to many of us, that the way mixed fleet was introduced would leave a tension with some of the legacy fleets and that this could cause certain people to stoke up the fires. On the other hand, I think some of your legacy colleagues are also supportive.

As a frequent business traveller, I am sure my views reflect those of many on here, in that mixed fleet means nothing to use at a practical level; all we want is a reasonable level of service and politeness on our flights. Even if the service is not perfectly in line with your service manuals, so long as it is decent, that will do.

So if you can do that, we will treat you no differently to any others and you don’t need to feel under pressure because of who you are.

My main issue with BA, at the moment, is getting value for money, the crewing is irrelevant to me.

JulianCucumberpatch
    Participant

Tete de cuvee. Your post is bang on the money.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

But irrelevant to business travellers, who will vote with their feet if the service disappoints, which in turn will drive management action.

In the meantime, the frequent travellers will just get on with it.

So please go back to crew forum and stir it up there, it really is not a business travel topic.

pixelmeister
    Participant

DofS. Totally agree with you. The squabbles betwixt the various cabin crew groups have no relevance here. It matters not one whit what fleet the cabin crew are, all I’m interested in is in ensuring that I get from A to B in the degree of comfort and with the service delivery that is commensurate with the amount I paid for the ticket. Actually, that’s not strictly true. Like most people I want my pound of flesh and if I can winkle a little more out, I’ll take it. So whilst I will have shelled out a fistful of cash for my ticket, I’m really looking for everything that entitles me to, plus anything else I can get on top, so free upgrades, being moved to emergency exit or aisle seats so I can stretch out at no charge are par for the course.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Dos: If you don’t like this thread, just ignore it! I enjoy it and find very instructive to understand what is behind an airline I fly a lot.

Thanks RF. WM and others for sharing this with us.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Swissdiver

I am pleased that you are interested by a thread that has recently been verging on harassment of the mixed fleet peeps.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls