Mixed Fleet Removed from ATL Route

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

• Anonymous

JulianCucumberpatch
    Participant

Surely Vintage Crewg will know why?

HonestCrew
    Participant

Urrgh! Bloody place.
    Only good thing about losing routes to Mixed Fleet was they took Atlanta and Mauritius from us.

Hippocampus
    Participant

Mixed Fleet are (if they haven’t already) taking over Rio and Chicago Rio is a long sector and Chicago has multiple frequencies so a route being “removed” from Mixed Fleet is not surprising. Routes will continue to move to/from fleets and back again for operational efficiency. Nothing more to it than that.

JulianCucumberpatch
    Participant

You are wrong again Hippocampus. There is far more to it than Mixed Fleet simply being moved to Chicago for”operational efficiency”.

Bucksnet
    Participant

What is wrong with Mauritius?

RogerVictor
    Participant

As I understand it Mauritius is full of honeymooners and people on ‘the trip of a lifetime’ and they tend to expect special treatment and be a bit more demanding as a result.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Half way there Rog. I’ve no probs doing a little extra for folk on a special holiday. You’ll be surprised the number of honeymooners that get the hump when we can’t upgrade them. “Sorry guys, our CEO said it’s theft if I upgrade my mother. If I upgrade you I could be accused of taking a back-hander” 🙁
    (Seriously, things are like that these days, I kid you not)

It’s the “Turn right? Oh, we usually travel business class when we holiday” brigade. The sort of folk who want to let us know at every opportunity that they have more money than those who holiday in the Caribbean and they visit Mauritius at least twice a year.
    Then, on the return flight, they are still in “all inclusive resort” mode and when picking up a snack from the self-serve corner take as much as they can carry thinking we have an endless supply.
    Drink the plane dry, be my guest but greed is a pretty poor show.

Hippocampus
    Participant

“Half way there Rog. I’ve no probs doing a little extra for folk on a special holiday. You’ll be surprised the number of honeymooners that get the hump when we can’t upgrade them. “Sorry guys, our CEO said it’s theft if I upgrade my mother. If I upgrade you I could be accused of taking a back-hander” 🙁
    (Seriously, things are like that these days, I kid you not)”

Complimentary upgrades for non-operational/service reasons are technically theft from the business and upgrades for honeymooners would open the floodgates for the try-it-on-to-get-a-freebie brigade.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Technically correct Hippo, but “if you don’t ask, you don’t get” is still a popular way of thinking. I’m ok with that but quite often some folk are taken aback when we don’t upgrade them, almost taking it as a personal insult.

Honeymooners tend to be not-so-frequent fliers. In the ‘good ol’ days’ we used to be able to do things for them, after all it’s a special occasion. Unfortunately, our hands are tied in so many ways these days there is not too much we can do.
    Popping them in the flight deck for landing was a great way to make someone’s trip…
    Bit of a shame really.

wmflyer
    Participant

JulianCucumberpatch, I’d be interested to know why YOU think there is “far more to it” than operational efficiency?

JulianCucumberpatch
    Participant

Well it looks like our ‘non-pilot’ Vantage Krug’ is away flying the airways.

Surely the oracle of oracles will know the answer. But in case he doesn’t, I am going to give him a clue.

Altogether now…

I’d like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony
    I’d like to hold it in my arms, and keep it company

Hippocampus
    Participant

If you’re trying to suggest that Mixed Fleet were removed from Atlanta at the request of a soft drinks company with a presence in Hammersmith and a bigger presence in Atlanta I’m filing that rumour in the same category as the rumours that BA recruited an 18 year bar sterward with no flying experience as a CSM and that Mixed Fleet is to disbanded and all CSMs are going to LGW.

All seems a very convenient attempt to detract attention from the fact that 42 current/ex cabin crew are facing potentially ruinous litigation over their postings on the BASSA forum and a part of an ongoing campaign to smear Mixed Fleet.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Could it be that BA couldn’t continue to afford the £50,000-£80,000 cost of replacing popped emergency slides, deplaning etc due to over tired crew, lackadaisical attitude or poor training?

Hippocampus, your continued obsession with BASSA is trending toward being possessed – it could be deleterious for you, focus on positive things such as rebuilding morale and focus across the board within BA.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Have to comment on the upgrade to HonestCrew – I have been on many long haul club flights and still notice the usual, once the doors are closed, fiends and family of crew being re-seated! (or isn’t that classed as an upgrade?)

And whats wrong with passengers expecting a good service – it doesn’t matter if its a Mauritius flight or not – there are stories from many who have had bad experiences on BA flights and have to deal with being treated as an inconvience to the crew.

On a recent flight (albeit a Mixed Fleet SanDiego club flight) i noticed one member of crew couldn’t be bothered to address any passenger in her club section by either name / Sir or Madam, but simply barked at them “Drink” or “Meal” !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls