Manchester Airport now has a ‘re-circulation fee’

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Previously we have reported on the many UK airports which have introduced drop-off fees which drivers must pay if they drop off passengers in front of the terminal.

Every news piece we have published has elicited a huge responce from readers.

In the case of Manchester (MAN) the drop-off fee is £3 for five mins and £4 for 10 mins.

No extension is allowed.

Today I came across another fee at MAN.

It’s called a ‘re-circulation’ fee.

It costs £25. It is payable for anyone who returns to the drop-off zone within 30 mins (after having paying the initial fee).

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/parking/pick-up-and-drop-off/

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Whilst I have no issue with reasonable drop off/pick up fees, a “re-circulation fee” must be the winner of the most novel way to scr*w your customers.. Best suggestion would be to entice cars into car parks for fair and reasonable price….

10 users thanked author for this post.

scotscrew
    Participant

Clearly the staff will be wearing the type of mask Dick Turpin wore back in the day.

6 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

Going once enough is bad enough. Recirculating again….madness.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Manchester airport is turning into one of the most despised places to work, flyers get abused, ditto staff, it’s not just now but has been going downhill for years. I refuse to fly from there.

This is just another example of pure greed.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

There was a reported case of a father who dropped his son at T1, just after exiting the barrier his son called to say he had left his passport in the car. Farther returned to the drop off point and on exiting was presented with a ridiculous charge.
    He appealed and was denied.
    Manchester Airport is it’s own worst enemy, years before drop off fees it made it almost impossible to pick up a passenger without using a car park, so everyone used the then free drop off points therefore enforcing the fees to reduce congestion which it caused!
    I hate Manchester Airport and I rarely use the word hate. Used this Airport week in week out for over 30 years and it simply continues to spiral downward.

canucklad
    Participant

Agree with all above, it’s without doubt the worst airport I’ve used in recent years.
    Maybe the management are so embarrassed by the airport they’re trying to discourage visitors.

To avoid this scurrilous charge you can always use its best worst asset , the train station .
    But, as always that infrastructure and its airport accessibility is closer to the 1920’s than it is to the 2020’s

esselle
    Participant

In the 80’s and early 90’s, Manchester airport CEO (Sir Gill Thomson) took no prisoners when it came to delivering a quality experience for its passengers. Daily inspections with his entourage and the odd clipboard ensured public areas, toilets etc. were all up to scratch. Things started to go slowly downhill when he left. The current CEO joined in 2010 and since then the pace of downgrades has accelerated dramatically. Gill used to see the cleanliness of the escalator steps as a “micro indicator of quality”. Nowadays most of the escalators don’t work.

3 users thanked author for this post.

blloyd
    Participant

Stansted has had a £25 recirculation fee for years – My son got caught by it once when he timed his pick-up wrong. Just another reason why I think Stansted is genuinely one of the worst airports in the world.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1004508][/postquote]

STN is owned by MAG.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Remind me please how wonderful the options for drop odd and collection are at our showcase Heathrow Airport….

GreenScot
    Participant

[postquote quote=1004526][/postquote]

@PeterCoultas
    – it is free to drop off.

To collect you can use the short stay car park which is £4.50 for 30 mins, or £7.80 for up to an hour. If you really want to avoid a charge then you can park for free in the long stay car park for up to 2 hours.

5 users thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

Get dropped at Heald Green train station or at the Wythenshaw tram stop and pay for public transport for the last few yards! That stuffs MIA rip-off plans….

Rittos3
    Participant

[postquote quote=1004412]There was a reported case of a father who dropped his son at T1, just after exiting the barrier his son called to say he had left his passport in the car. Farther returned to the drop off point and on exiting was presented with a ridiculous charge. He appealed and was denied. Manchester Airport is it’s own worst enemy, years before drop off fees it made it almost impossible to pick up a passenger without using a car park, so everyone used the then free drop off points therefore enforcing the fees to reduce congestion which it caused!
    I hate Manchester Airport and I rarely use the word hate. Used this Airport week in week out for over 30 years and it simply continues to spiral downward.[/postquote]

as it is now? Changed your mind?

David61
    Participant

It’s still just as big a rip off either way as are many things at that place.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls