Manchester Airport now has a ‘re-circulation fee’

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

• alistairNicoll
    Participant

I think the airport have a completely different definition of customer service than the customers –

silkenthreads
    Participant

Increasing fees for car parking whether for your own car or pickup is an incentive to use the bus or train from MAN – if you are heading for quarantine on arrival why would the airport choose now to discourage car use?

Johnnyg
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010004][/postquote]

So do you think the £25 fee is fair?

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010004][/postquote]

That confuses two different things.

The airport is interested in maximising profits. If you left the airport and infected 20 people on the train they would blame someone else.

silkenthreads
    Participant

Yes, the original post was at the end of July and concerned drop off fees. . Today in the Manchester region, especially Bolton area we are told to not to take public transport unless ‘absolutely necessary’ whatever that means. The airport wants to maximise revenues from cars coming and going but the high charges are counterproductive. As the second poster noted, fair charges would encourage the use of car parks but in fact the long stay charges are exorbitant. So it’s back on the bus which is still offering a regular service.

1 user thanked author for this post.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010022][/postquote]

The airport is just itching for the government to give the go ahead for covid testing at the airport so it can have another money making scheme – I wonder how much of the testing fee will go to them

Johnnyg
    Participant

Well, if you thought the parking fees before were dear, look at the new ones announced this weekend !!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-pick-up-drop-19199933

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[postquote quote=1014546][/postquote]

In fact I was working on this news on Sunday afternoon.

Mark will be posting our report soon. Note that another London airport has also hiked its charges yesterday … you can probably guess which one !

As far as I can tell this London airport how has the highest drop off fees in the UK.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls