Madrid – Sao Paulo

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Actually, Tim, reading the BT Airline Survey 2015, it seems all long haul business class seats are fully flat…
    Anyway, it seems I’ll have the old product on IB6365 and IB6346…

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi SwissDiver

The A330-300 which is on this flight number 17th/18th May is new Business Class seat. They definitely have planes with the old product on (codes 342/346) – not sure if they will all be upgraded by end of 2015.

newbieflyer
    Participant

On the topic of long haul flights intra-Europe, I think Kuwait Airways have some A340 from Amsterdam to Zurich.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Newbieflyer

Kuwait go from Frankfurt to Geneva using an A340. Couple of flights a week but doesn’t seem to quote on GDS nor could I book on their website. So don’t think they have rights to this route?

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, Tim. I am afraid though I’ll be flying on a A340-300, so will have the old product. But 1A seems to remain a good option…

Jetset1808
    Participant

Hello Swissdiver, I flew on an A340 with the old product from Madrid to Quito 2 weeks ago, although it looks a little dated, there is acres of space and the seat is very comfortable, I too flew in 1A. The IFE is a little clunky and the seat isn’t 100% flat, but the service was good. I’m flying back tonight on the new product so it will be interesting to compare the two.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Hello Jetset,

Curious to read you on the new seats. It seems it is much narrower…

I got twice the old seat, actually on the very same aircraft (EC-GUQ), twice on 1A (in between it went to LIM, EZE, MVD and GIG). First flight was reviewed here: http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Iberia-A340-300

Jetset1808
    Participant

Hello Swissdiver, certainly, the new seat felt significantly narrower than the old product, however, if like me you have an individual window seat, it’s is much more private and I was able to sleep a lot better (although being a night flight, this was inevitable). My experience of the old product on my outbound flight was probably a little bias as there were only 12 passengers in business, which meant the service and attention was impeccable. Flying home, all business class seats were taken and I certainly felt the cabin crew were maybe a little stretched and less attention was given to individual passengers.
    The IFE is better, however I didn’t use it much as I tried to sleep as much as I could, the space around the new product is certainly an improvement in terms of storage, I’m 6’3 so found the new seat a little short, but I’ve grown to expect that, having said that, I slept well.
    All in all, I enjoyed both flights, I liked the new product, however preferred the more intimate service offered on the old, but that was probably down to lack of passengers.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls