Lufthansa operates A380 to Bangkok this winter

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

Hi Martyn.

I take that into account. But LCY has few delays and ex AMS it remains the smoothest running airport, the post covid issues faced by all Airports have now been addressed.

KLM and AF now allow a stopover at no extra cost on yr one ticket at Amsterdam or in Paris, for connecting through onwards on their network.

AMS Security is only now with CT scanners at all points through the airport.
    Am more concerned with the getting to LHR needed, rail and tube at times these do not run. Road M25 travel always unpredictable. then hold ups at LHR out and in, with check ins, Security, and baggage delays.
    Its great to land from Long haul, and be out in 20-30 mins at LCY!

I do often have a few days stopover around Amsterdam on the outward point, as trains from the airport are so easy to stay in other towns or cities all over NL’s. So this is comfortable for me. I can always use secured lockers to leave large heavy luggage for a few days at Schiphol, and stay with light luggage, It then gives me access to morning flights from AMS (eg SQ at 10.20am) that connections from London would add very early morning starts.

As a Platinum with Skyteam and recently Gold with Star Alliance, and i have found Airlines willing to check luggage through, even between different Airlines or Alliances, and luggage services very efficient in KLM.
    Same through Vienna, Zurich, and LH airports. TG links in to flights all over Europe, with A350’s and not the old 773’s from LHR.

Combined with the large savings, or be able to travel !st Class where this exists for less than Biz ex UK, i am more relaxed and travel well with enhanced value, and sense of achievement to beat the systems!!!
    Also adds points and miles for yr membership Status of The Alliances.

I have just booked this way a trip to Australia, with a stopover with two Separate tickets with a Far East Beach/Island stopover each way, and paid £3,200 for return Biz Total, not £5,500+.
    The total XPs on this trip,give me 2/3rds of what is needed to renew Platinum next year 2024-5, then Platinum for Life.
    It is a mix of Air France, Singapore and Garuda (for a regional Far East stopover).

Paying in other currencies and from different priced markets, now makes clever travel experiences on the best Airlines, as it once was.
    The most modern aircraft on A350’s and 789/10’s, and latest Biz Suites and designs of Biz Cabins for far less costs. Also greener with Airlines that use Biofuels and you to offset yr trips added in.

I prefer Swiss over LH due to their Biz 2-2-2 seating, more modern Aircraft with 1-2-1 suites.
    But using this method, flying the A380’s is always a joy still, and am pleased to see LH and others bringing them back.

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

@MZulqarnainBut1 who works at LHR and knows what’s going on in the airline industry tweets today that Lufthansa’s fourth A380 is scheduled to join the fleet from October.

“It will be deployed to fly to Los Angeles from October 5 and Bangkok from October 28.”

Two further A380s will be reactivated and will join the Lufthansa fleet in 2023.

“If customer demand remains at a high level two further A380s will join the fleet in 2024 and 2025.

“All A380s will be based at Munich.”

As we have explained before the original A380 base was Frankfurt but for various reasons Lufthansa decided to relocate its A380 fleet to Munich. The move took place before the pandemic.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BPP
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls