LON-SYD Transit Options: BKK or SIN?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Hess963
    Participant

Morning everyone !!

I do not really think that BKK airport is so bad for short transit/ftransfers. My recent experience while transiting in BKK was smooth and without any language problems at all.

I was arriving with CX and connecting with TG–I did not even need to leave the transit area inorder to get my next flight–TG transfer staffs are good and efficient–as far as my trip is concerned.

For me the worst part of BKK transiting is getting out in the arrival hall-with all the private taxi drivers and hassles

MarcusUK
    Participant

I came through SIN a month ago again down to Australia, with SQ.
    The A380 was terrific in business, the old refurbished 773 down to Australia, awful!

However, taking the lunchtime SQ LHR-SIN flight, I still booked the transit hotel at Changai again, costing approx £25 for 6 hrs.
    These rooms are great, airside, & i had a good few restful hours, showered, stored my carry on bags, & went & had a great day in Singapore.
    I returned later for the just after midnight flight down to Sydney.

I think this is a great recipe for spacing the trip down under with a less than 24 hrs stop.
    Having said that, I think the standard of hotels in BKK & the airport is great if you stop. In terms of direct transit as in flying all the way down, I would choose Singapore.
    KUL is also a great, again great standards of hotels, & my favourite the Pan Pacific Hotel at KLIA. 24 hrs services, great food & a fabulous steam & gym centre & pool, whatever time of day you want to be there up n about.

I have been making this trip for 18 yrs, these are my recipes for a good trip, & stop the jetlag.

JordanD
    Participant

If the decision is being made to go via SIN on the QF A380, I’d advise to reconsider; I was delayed for an excessive amount of time flying SYD-LHR due to “the newest” A380 in QF’s fleet going tech last month. Colleagues have advised that they too have suffered delays when booking on this flight, so it’s definitely not a one off.

Having said that QF booked me on a 747 service via BKK, which was fine (although also late). BKK isn’t the friendliest of places at 0030 in the morning: the duty free wasn’t great, the transit walk was very long and I must admit I was disappointed by what was meant to be a “stunning new airport”. Double disappointment after being unable to fly the A380.

That’s my two pence: go via SIN, just not on the QF A380 (I do of course realise other aircraft can go tech, just this service has been averaging slightly higher than normal of late).

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls