Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• Anonymous

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I must say I like the look of the interior of LH’s new plane. The arrangement of F particularly looks excellent, just eight seats in the nose of the 747, I don’t think anyone has less?

The C seats look good too, definitely an improvement though as someone who sleeps on their side, I’m not sure whether there is enough room for feet in the space at the bottom.

Anyway, coupled with LH service, I’m sure this will be a winner. It’s just a pity it’s not going anywhere that’s useful to me any time soon.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can’t work out if F is upstairs or downstairs?

I agree the layout is great, in fact them whole plane looks incredible, and I hope to fly it to Washington in November. I’ll go out in C and return in F so i’ll get a chance to try both cabins.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

F is in the nose, upstairs is all C and there’s more of it on the main deck behind F.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

This looks great and F looks to be up there with CX and how F on the 747 should be in 2012.

It’s a pity it’s not going east bound ro to South America just yet but as soon as it does, I’ll give it a try.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

There are some really good pics of the LH 748 in the Sydney Morning Herald:

http://tinyurl.com/85efbyx

F looks very like the A380 in layout, the new C product looks a bit like the new CX C product though I understand it was designed from scratch by a British firm. One of the small game changers is the quality of partition between F and the galley or the C cabin, it’s now much more substantial and cuts noise to none and there are many others. You also get some idea of the size of the upper deck – impressive.

While I am a big fan of the A380 which from a passenger point of view offers an unmatched experience there is no way it competes on pure elegance with the 748.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Thanks for this LPPS, am out to Nuremberg next week then NY. Being of a teutonic build myself I find the Germans provide that extra space and quality build in Business so am looking forward to trying this out.

RichHI1
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. You are right it is so elegant. The A380 is a marvellous acheivement but there are classic aircraft like Concorde and 747 where the design is so perfrect. I think LH will do well with their 748’s. I will choose airlines that have them when I can.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

RichHI1 – I can’t wait to try the 748, the trouble is I think LH will use it on the north Atlantic initially and I usually only travel east. They use the A380 to SIN so maybe the 748 will be used to HKG which I think is my best hope of seeing it as I doubt BKK will see it any time soon which I think is more likely to move down a gear to an A346 rather than up.

Maybe I’d better plan one of my SYD trips as a RTW, it’s my best hope I think!

RichHI1
    Participant

When will KE get theirs?

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

The KE order was placed about two years after LH placed theirs, LH ordered 20 and KE 5, I guess LH have quite a few to get before KE get any.

capetonianm
    Participant

To avoid confusion, it’s probably best not to refer to it as a 748, which is this little beauty :

http://www.abpic.co.uk/images/images/1139649M.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23344035@N03/6123119496/

RichHI1
    Participant

OK, 748i or Queen of the Skies, you choose.

RichHI1
    Participant

Mabe BA will finally realize that one reason they used to be the world’s favorite airline was they had one of the biggest fleets of new Jumbos. I am convinced as time passes more ailrines will backtrack.
    I am not known for my European sentiments but in this case, Viel Glück Lufthansa!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls