Latam to launch Heathrow-Lima flights later in 2023?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Apologies – I as you will have suspected intended to post A 319s

1 user thanked author for this post.

onajetplane
    Participant

Surprisingly, reservations now closed for the LHR-LIM flights after 2nd Feb 2024!

sparkyflier
    Participant

I saw that on the Aeroroutes wesbite. Perhaps it was too much capacity too soon. As I have detailed a few times – I think a route between BOG and LHR would have been more fruitful if by Latam, and if by BA Lima as a tag to BOG.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

In fact Hannah was on the inaugural London-Lima flight and her report was posted on December 4 in Online News.

From experience it is rare for an airline to suspend and/or cancel a route so soon after launch.

An alert posted on Latamtrade.com cites the reason for the route’s suspension as a “commercial adjustment.”

The suspension takes effect from February 2 until March 30.

https://www.latamtrade.com/en_us/news/PROTECCION_DE_PASAJEROS_Suspension_de_la_ruta_entre_Lima_LIM_y_Londres_LHR_ENG

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

That’s pretty poor isn’t it – one almost gets the feeling nowadays that airlines simply don’t see the problems they cause passengers by postponing / delaying / cancelling routes as their problem.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

LATAM has provided Business Traveller with a statement on the suspension, which I have added to this news piece:

LATAM to suspend Heathrow-Lima service

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls