KLM Cattle Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• MarcusUK
    Participant

I have been flying KLM for 15 yrs, and though i make at least 30 flights a year, kept Gold or equal in the older and FB FFP’s.

I have had luggage problems once, and find KLM and Schipol the most efficient in Europe for luggage, only LHR end you find problems.

I use SQ, VS more long haul these days, but make at least 2 long haul trips with KLM a year. Seating does vary with the aircraft and route, and i believe all the 747’s should now have AVOD, as it was scheduled some time ago to be completed.

According t the Flying Blue site, and emails that have promoted Economy Comfort, the seats can be booked and paid for up to 90 days prior to travel through “My Booking” on the KLM site.
    Platinum members have this for free, and then a scaled discount for Gold and silver members.
    Extra legroom seats (exit rows) can also be booked for a fee.

I generally use KLM for all European travel.
    With the fleet renewal, T4 lounge and Dedicated facilities, i think they stand out as one of the best in Europe. We all know Schipol is one of the best airports in Europe.
    KLM have a huge loyalty in Scandanavia, Southern Europe, and now more in Eastern Europe, for through passengers to Long haul flights.

Many Airlines including Etihad, Emirates, have added a seat across on flights on 777’s.

I know several people who are Managers at KLM. their teams have worked hard, and everyone has been involved in striving to do their best to keep KLM surviving in the last years, and they have been truly innovative and involving of their staff teams. (Initiatives to improve every aspect of catering have recently been introduced also).

Quite the opposite from British Airways…

They are not the best in Economy long haul, but far from the worst, and always a fair price worldwide from the UK. the fares from NL’s are almost Double that you pay here, connecting to the same flights. You get one of the best airports in Europe to travel through, and the back up of a well organised decent airline.

ConstantFlyer
    Participant

MarcusUK

Thanks for your informative post. I agree KLM has been consistently above average in many respects. I was worried that the link-up with Air France might hamper things, but have been pleasantly surprised at how smoothly everything from booking online to transfers etc. usually goes now.

PS If you’ve been flying KLM for 15 years, MarcusUK, it’s probably time you learnt to spell Schiphol, though… 🙂

CF

Swissdiver
    Participant

All,

It seems it became more difficult to get a “Comfort seat” for all now. Flying Blue can’t technically and KLM refuses. Any idea how to bend the rule?

Try KLM via Twitter. KLM has an active social media desk, they should be able to help you. Good luck!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks ICF. Unfortunately they confirmed be that since 2009, KLM closed that shortcut. No more freebies here. Platinum get the seat, others have to pay… Not sure I would pay EUR 150 per leg for about 3″ additional recline. I’ll probably go for exit seats…

westernNorway
    Participant

If you get the seats on the first row it’s worth the extra money, and if you need to pay 150 EUR it must on one of the really long flights. Or do as I did in october: Reserve the two seats in front of the windowrow and reserve two seats for free a few rows behind.

Swissdiver
    Participant

10 hours (AMS-BKK). Well,I went for 2 exit row seats (1 free, 1 EUR 60) for the two tall guys in the family (6’4 and 6’3) and two seats right behind. A EUR 60 strategy instead of EUR 450 … per leg.

Globalti
    Participant

I use AF / KLM for almost all my business travel and I find there’s little to choose between them. The AF food is better but Schiphol is pretty good and above all, I love the character of the Dutch; they are almost always friendly and fun, whereas the AF crew can be standoffish at times. I get a chance to observe the crews on long stopovers at the Lagos Sheraton and the difference becomes clear in the way the respective nationals like to pass the long hours.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, Globalti, the French crews are actually quite nice. But I guess speaking French helps a lot with them… 🙂

Globalti
    Participant

I agree, I am fluent in French and have lived and worked in France for over three years. I enjoy the French for their correct manners and their charm and style; however they are sometimes reserved with strangers, which is often mistaken for xenophobia unfortunately.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls