KLM B747-400 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

HYC.bigtimeflyer
    Participant

KLM

I’m a person who flies quite a bit, and my total destination was London for a vacation. We chose KLM out of curiosity, and was NOT disappointing at all!

Boarding, though it took a little while (Since it was LAX) but absolutely no problem. When I got in the plane, it was a friendly, relaxed, and not the uptight, uncomfy Economy class feeling. Seats were great, designed by recaro, I believe, and slept well on my long flight to Schipol AMS. The shorter flight of AMS-London KL1009 was also excellent for a short haul flight.

Food on both flights was simple, wonderful, and perfectly portioned. The service aboard the plane was relaxing, friendly and one of the stewards and I started up conversations about society and etc etc HAHA.

KLM is one of the BEST airline companies I’ve ever chose and I recommend it to anyone! The business man, the family, or the one looking for a GREAT TIME! Choose KLM!

TheMidasGold
    Participant

We’re not that stupid.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

I reckon s/he spent some time in a cafe in AMS 🙂

TheMidasGold
    Participant

I think you’d be right. You’d need to be on something to enjoy long haul economy class with KLM!

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Simplify it: You’d need to be on something to enjoy economy class!

Vertrek
    Participant

HYC.bigtimeflyer

Glad that you enjoy your flight with them as I do as well.

Others:
    Not all of us can afford Business Class and we all have preferences, if one passenger is happy about the service from a certain airline, please have a heart and respect them and not making fun of their opinion. Because from my experience, KLM economy class in 747 is way better than BA 747 economy class in all aspects which include seat, IFE, service and food!

andystock
    Participant

Fly KLM economy a330 and it was actually quite good, avod, leg room ok, food much better than virgin / ba. Ordered one of the upgraded meals, the rice table which was really tasty, best economy meal ever, lots of drinks served and drinks left at the back of cabin for collection. Plus AMS is so much better than LHR, flew from LCY on cityjet to AMS then to DXB for £350 rtn

Vertrek
    Participant

Exactly, with BA in Economy, after each meal you only get “tap water” and you need to serve yourself at the back of the plane, not to mention, tthe last time I flew them, the food consisted of melted broccoli, melted carrot and some kind of meat. I don’t know what the fuss about BA in this forum they are just an average airline with bad food and badly aging 747.

however, I got to give it to their CW seat, as it is better than KLM business but not the food and with their high price I’d rather spend my money on CX, SQ or EY.

andystock
    Participant

Coffee/tea was served with an amarula liquor was served on the outbound meal. You have to remember klm was £150 cheaper than ba and virgin and the food is so much better on klm.

RichHI1
    Participant

Interesting, having spoken to Dutch colleagues it appears the KLM coach experience is very competitive. It is unfortunate the same is not true of their Business Class product.

Vertrek
    Participant

Andy,
    I agree, KLM inflight meal is one of the best in term of taste and presentation and the economy class a la carte option is clever.

RichHI1,

It is true that KLM business class product is very outdated, and for me the only good thing about KL business class is the meal and the relax attitude of the Crew. I also like the fact that they simplify and smarten up the presentation without cheapening it by using the highly designed cutleries and tableware.

Rumor has it that they are going to roll out the new flat bed business class next year, but again, only time will tell since there is a high probability that AF will intervenes and block the plan due to their combine restructuring program.

Safe travel.

Stowage222
    Participant

Vertrek – as mentioned in other threads, BA only serves Highland Spring water from Perthshire, Scotland in all cabins throughout the flight. Tap water is not used for drinks rounds after the meal.

Also, you should get off your seat on a longhaul flight and take some water/juice and also a snack (if in WT) from the galley but the crew generally pass through the cabin with trays of water/juice throughout the flight. You should not have to ‘pour yourself’ any drink on board – the crew dislike this.

Vertrek
    Participant

Stowage222,

from my last long-haul flight with BA was on BA 12 – a boeing 747 – the crew disappeared after dinner. They didn’t come around with any snack or water. The only thing available on the galley is nothing, except the “tap” opposite the emergency exit at the back of the plane.

When I hit the button and asked the crew for water, she said “you can help yourself from the tap at the back of the plane”. This is the first time ever after a flight I felt dehydrated and really exhausted.

So Stowage222, I can safely say from my experienced on BA, your comment is not valid, at least for me.

Safe travel.

Stowage222
    Participant

Hi Vertrek

I’m unhappy to learn of your experience – this is not the “BA Way”. You should have had words with the purser or CSD as this was clearly not acceptable (although see my comments elsewhere about my 5.5 hour flight with Thomas Cook Airlines last year!) The crew don’t go ’round with the snack box (self service) but should offer chairside water/juice regularly. The fact this didn’t happen was down to the Purser in your cabin.

I am sure this was a one off and your next experience will be different.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls