KLM B747-400 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• andystock
    Participant

KLM are rolling out the air france flat bed in business class.

Vertrek
    Participant

Sadly, AF has no flat bed but the angled one.

RichHI1
    Participant

What about A380-800 LC International?

Vertrek
    Participant

Although it is a newer version, it is still not flat bed, at least according to the reviews. Rich, have you been on it? Care to share? 🙂

RichHI1
    Participant

Nope, wouldn”t fly AF again, it was far too scary the last time coming back from Shangahi on773. First seat was comfy and the food was good but the flying was very scary. Just looked on Seatguru website.

MarcusUK
    Participant

KLM recently re-vamped their business class food, recruiting various NL’s leading Chefs, to bring a “Fresh out of the kitchen” restaurant feel to the food.
    In Sept i flew to Singapore from Amsterdam and the food was really wonderful, colourful presentation, the finest ingredients, and presented from the galley one dish at a time. They really have made a difference with their in flight food, some of the best i have experienced in a few years.
    The crews are always friendly and welcoming, and genuine, a very Dutch feel on Board as in Amsterdam.
    I flew on to Thailand, Australia with Thai, Singapore and Virgin Atlantic, and Thai was the best but KLM 2nd, even beating SQ!)

I Made the same flight with Air France a few weeks ago from CDG to SIN , same aircraft, and it was dire. The food was sloppily served, slow, arrogant ,pretentious service, broken seat, and yes the angle lie flat was awful, and i needed to plug the cushion gap with a blanket!

KLM is not the best in Long haul economy, but the crews are genuine, teamwork runs well, and the atmosphere is great always. At least they have the humility to want to improve, change and better what they offer, and their team Company approach works, and you feel it on board always.

i know 2 Crew Managers for KLM, and also a Senior Schipol Operations Director at Schipol, and the overall approach KLM use, is really quite unique in European Airlines. They remain effective in involving the staff in all decisions and directions of the Airline, which is really the answer to why the feel on board is genuine, and professional, and staff remain well motivated, proud of the Company they work for. It shows in the service on board1

Vertrek
    Participant

Rich,

I’ll fly AF for the first time in March but in Premium, let’s see how it goes.

Marcus,

your are right, there is always a nice atmosphere onboard KLM flight.
    I heard they are replacing the old business class to the flatbed similar to CO’s J seat. but it won’t be until 1Q of 2013.

I think that the only thing that keeps KLM from improving is Air France. If they were a 2 separate companies with their own management system and AF-KLM was never formed, I think KLM would be a better airline today.

RichHI1
    Participant

Good luck Vertrek. I hope you have a great flight.

NTarrant
    Participant

AF A380 in Business is not flat but a wedgie seat. For a day flight the seat is nice and quite comfortable, but I certainly wouldn’t do a night flight on it.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls