IRIS scanners at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

• HonestCrew
    Participant

Well, it would reduce the carbon footprint, planes would go half empty.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Arrived T5 last night and very quiet and so many requests for assistance (which I dont need ) considered making up something just for the sake of it.

Good BA flight with top notch G&Ts but cant stand those pretzels things..uggg.

Anyway as said T5 quiet,10 minutes walk to IRIS …the best thing ever introduced into UK airports…all of 1 minute,no baggage,through nil to declare then 5 minutes down to Piccadilly line and home.Thats the way it should always be..if only.

handbag
    Participant

I am only 5′ 1′ and first few times had a problem as kept on telling me to move up and down. Seemed to have a problem with the height. If you are a similar height, just ignore what it says and look in the middle one and it works perfectly. Since then it has been brilliant, no queues ,so through very quickly.

trident3
    Participant

Make the most of IRIS – its days really are numbered post-Games, according to Border staff I talked to last week.

Rumours that an IRIS machine will be preserved on the roundabout outside T5 are so far unconfirmed !

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Like the Concord the IRIS was too far ahead of its time for the mouldy lot in OUR Home Office.
    Supprised that they dont go for Bi-Planes and red pencils.

Now its a case of the what 100-200,000 loyal,above board citizens and visitors who entrusted their personal and individual documentation (including eyeball patterns….mines are blue) to the governments inner security organisation to do …WHAT.?…..Line up and add to the lines of congested trolls when arriving back in OUR country…
    A disgrace and insult to all but can one expect anything less of as said such a fractured,busted leadership showing no interest of/to the wellbeing of the country but only to themselves…..harump….

CBaker2
    Participant

We shall miss IRIS – the only good thing that has been installed at immigration in years. Almost always saved us a lot of time.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls