Iberia Launches New Livery

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Research confirms red is perceived as a symbol of vitality, expressiveness, of Spanish artistry and character. It is a colour which also perfectly represents perfectly the vital spirit of the new Iberia and one of the most admired and creative cultures in the world”

Red is also the universal colour coding for danger.

It is used in accounting systems to designate negative numbers or losses.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Fdos you gave me my first hearty laugh of the day. Thank you for that.

SimonS1
    Participant

Very good FDOS. Made me chuckle.

Design and branding people are in a league of their own when it comes to waffle. You could create a game of IAG bingo with the words – transformation, vitality, expressiveness, artistry, influence, aspirations etc.

We should all be shouting ‘house’ quite quickly (could be adapted to ‘Waterside’ for VK).

Hermes1964
    Participant

I know I am probably in a minority of one but I actually quite like Iberia – there I’ve said it….(see my June reviews).

Their old J (haven’t experienced new) has flat beds, lots of space, and quite decent food. Their lounges in Madrid are also very pleasant and relaxing with good food and nice showers (Not the frankly revolting T5 experience). I’ve also flown new Y short haul on the A330. The seats and IFE were good.

But Short haul economy needs a bit of a re-think. If you sit at the back of their A321 from London, you may just get served before the decent. They are in no rush and there is only one trolley – a bit of Vueling’s get up and go required. Quite like what they sell though.

Worth looking at IB if heading for South America as they often have some good fares.

Now I’ll sit back and wait for the scorn…

Hippocampus
    Participant

Iberia and IAG have a very bright future

IAG has two member airlines with huge potential for long haul expansion. British Airways is reaping the rewards of its previous restructuring with a sensibly steady expansion of long haul routes and finely attuned investments in new initiatives.

Iberia now has huge potential. The cost savings are only a small fraction of the restructuring and let’s not forget the salary cuts imposed by a third party mediator were a direct consequence of the total failure by the unions to engage in productivity negotiations. We are already beginning to see IAG’s significant expertise in e-commerce and revenue management being applied to Iberia and Iberia will no doubt start expanding again in the next couple if years.

Add to that the fact that IAG is the only European airline group with a true pan-European low cost carrier, IAG is on course to become the premier European aviation group.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Hippocampus

“Add to that the fact that IAG is the only European airline group with a true pan-European low cost carrier, IAG is on course to become the premier European aviation group.”

Germanwings?
    Transavia?
    Air Berlin?

You really are blinded by your IAG cognitive bias.

thomaslanfranchi87
    Participant

QUITE FRANKLY I FIND IT A LIL DULL. THE NEW COLOUR SCHEME SHOULD BE SOMETHING THAT SCREAMS: THIS IS THE NEW IBERIA***IT SHOULD REPRESENT A FRESH START!!!
    THE COLOUR PALET IS FINE…I JUST WISH IT WOULD’VE BEEN A LIL MORE ORIGINAL.

thomaslanfranchi87
    Participant

Even though the fusion between these two carriers seemed at the time one of the greatest, so far it hasn’t proved to be a true competitor in the European market. Lufthansa Group, Air France-KLM are leading the pack.
    Iberia is an airline that doesn’t have that many long-haul flights: the majority are South American routes that prove profitable up to a certain point. The Groupis still struggling with its liquidity, keeping the airline a float. I do believe that in the future it’ll become a stable and strong airline but it still has a long way to go.

thomaslanfranchi87
    Participant

Even though the fusion between these two carriers seemed at the time one of the greatest, so far it hasn’t proved to be a true competitor in the European market. Lufthansa Group, Air France-KLM are leading the pack.
    Iberia is an airline that doesn’t have that many long-haul flights: the majority are South American routes that prove profitable up to a certain point. The Groupis still struggling with its liquidity, keeping the airline a float. I do believe that in the future it’ll become a stable and strong airline but it still has a long way to go.

DanSaunders
    Participant

Looks rather nice and fluid in design.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Yes, they’ve done a good job. The old livery looks very dated by comparison.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls