how do ya roll?

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

• thebigseats
    Participant

Vaucous can be so nice though.

VintageKrug
    Participant

πŸ˜‰

dubtraveller
    Participant

I must have too much time on my hands on this road trip (aka slacking), as I find myself burrowing away in the BT forum….and reading of astons, bentleys and mercs etc, I am not sure my 10yr-old citroen is cutting it, in fact it most definitely isn’t, all of which prompts me to ask myself in a piers morgan-like manner “so Chris, tell me, where did it all go wrong…”

esselle
    Participant

What about “How Do Ya Dress?”

Savile Row or high street? Patek or Swatch? Pointy toes or Crockett? Hermes or Lewin? Just a thought……………..

Binman62
    Participant

German tailoring always….with my frame needs a generous fit!
    I lust after Italian suites and clothing but it simply does not work on me….

Shoes….. Clarks if in a sales plus barker and loake.

Delighted that Slaters have opened in Reading. This Glasgow institution is probably the best place to buy a suit outside of Savile Row. If it does not fit they will alter free and post out to you. Fabulous service……

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Tailored shirts made by Due Tece in Romentino, Italy. They also make shirts for the shirtmakers in Jermyn Street but at a third of the price. Not to mention for me they’re just round the corner!

Suits and Blazers from Zenga. Shoes from UK manufacturers only except causal ones from Timberland and sandals from Birkenstock. Chinos and shorts from Woolworths in S. Africa. Same manufacturer as M & S but less than half the price!

stevescoots
    Participant

business wear from my tailor in HK (suits, shirts, coats) loake brogues
    casual shirts a mix of all sorts, ben sherman, Unique of london
    shoes: timberland formal casual) , clarks day to day , DM’s (lots of walking)
    everyday wear . anything from Asda, Tesco, Next etc. whilst I like to dress well, I dont see the point in paying 30 quid for a CK white T, when you can get 2 or 4 quid in Asda πŸ™‚

Tim2soza
    Participant

BMW 3 estate and Volvo XC90. (Kids) Both diesel, one fuel efficient one not.
    Rental – I always ask for European cars in the US. Was given a Nissan last week!

Work clothes : Norton & Townsend suits / Charles Tyrwhitt shirts. – the latter at 9.5 Avois / Β£1.
    Casual : anything without a label on the outside.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Suits – Macys or Nordstrum

T Shirts and casuals – Macys / Ross / Kohls

Business shirts – split between a tailor in BKK and M & S

Shoes – Macys

Friends query why I dont buy suits in BKK. My answer is that the value is not really there and I havent found one where the suits last.

The tailor I currently use in BKK for shirts is on the corner of Sukhumvit and soi 3 (shop is literally on the corner). Have to say his shirts are good and last!

Swissdiver
    Participant

To travel: 501, shirt and blazer, always with the same British shoes (double buckles but don’t ring in the security machine).
    To work: Trousers (any brand), shirt and blazer or suit (any brand that suits by 1.95m! – so no Italian with the exception of Corneliani – or tailor made)
    Leisure: it depends but often 501 and docksides.

openfly
    Participant

Come on VK…..I’ve seen you arrive at T5 in your Bentley Mulsanne Turbo emblazoned with Its British Airways paintwork :-)))

BeckyBoop
    Participant

So far the only person that would get close to pulling is Tim drives nice cars and dresses well πŸ™‚

BTW Tim, Nissan is owned by Renault.. so it can be classified as French πŸ˜‰

One thing I have never worked out is some business men who travel long haul don’t know how to dress. Like sitting in First and see a guy wearing a track suit bottoms a t-shirt, trainers and a business suit jacket… or wears track suit bottoms with smart shoes…lol :O)

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Becky Boop – 02/10/2012 11:34 GMT

Re: Nissan and Renault, you’re almost but not entirely right:

In 1999, Nissan entered a two way alliance with Renault S.A. of France, which owns 43.4% of Nissan while Nissan holds 15% of Renault shares, as of 2008. [Source: Wikipedia] So while the French certainly have influence, they don’t entirely control Nissan – which is probably just as well when one sees how the French will cut anything anywhere rather than the sacred cows of their own car plants and restrictive practices.

As for dress standards, it all started going downhill when BBC continuity announcers were no longer required to wear black tie, the Home Service became Radio 4 and Alvar Lidell retired from reading the news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/ww2outbreak/7916.shtml

Since which time, we’ve all been going to hell in a handcart…

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

And returning to the thread:

Home: Pre-used Ford Ka Mk 1. It’s utterly pointless having anything substantial, expensive and flashy if you’re in inner suburban London and park on the street. I do not intend repeating the expense of having to have every body panel resprayed after a vandal attack on a red Alfa-Romeo Spider in Fulham…
    Rental: “C” class – something like an Alfa Giulietta
    Ideal car (as in brand new): Range Rover Evoque or a Jaguar XF saloon – it has to be British made.
    Dream car: Notwithstanding my uncomplimentary views on French auto manufacturing and quality, a Citroen Traction Avant. Too much time spent watching wartime films I suppose. No idea what you would make of the leather seats in the back πŸ™‚ !!!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls