how do ya roll?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

• Gold-2K
    Participant

Home: Aston Martin V12 Vantage Coupe
    Home: Audi RS4 for work and shopping
    Rental: last one was a Prius. Time before I got “upgraded” to a Hummer …… in San Francisco I got abuse at the lights!!! 🙂
    Dream Car – the AM Vantage V12 comes pretty close …….. 🙂 ….. self satisfied grin 🙂

esselle
    Participant

Gold 2K

With you on the V12 Vanatge, but for me its about top down and take out fuse 22!!!

Happy motoring.

Gold-2K
    Participant

Haha … the enigma that is “fuse 22”
    You definitely don’t need the hi-fi on with that removed 🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

esselle, fuse 22…………..yawn 🙁

Man up an get yourself a “tubi” fitted 😉 xx

http://www.scuderiasystems.com

esselle
    Participant

Ha Ha Becky

You remind me of my daughter, and I have three of them, so perhaps the oldest……

The AMV8 is all about the noise, and nothing really beats it.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Home CH: Aston Martin DBS + Range Rover
    Home SA: 2 Land Rover Discovery’s (his and hers)
    Business: Use one of the above
    Rental: mid sized anything.
    Ideal Car: Bentley Continental Converible
    Dream Car: AM DBR7
    Dream Vintage: Bentley Blower

Swissdiver
    Participant

Not many Dacia’s out there 🙂

Home: Scooter / functional MB SW
    Business: train or plane
    Rental: seldom. Prefer taxis or train. If I have to, “C”.
    Dream car: Bentley sounds quite right.

Use to drive a lot though. Last nice car was Audi S8. But nowadays with all these fixed radars (so the night is no more my world), it became useless in my view. Hence the move to trains & taxis.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Gold2K, TheBigSeats, Esselle and LP….. something to seduce you into a change of mind, if only slightly

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/9339009/In-pictures-Aston-Martin-Vanquish.html

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Home: Jaguar XF (used to be a much-loved BMW 840, probably one of the best-looking cars ever made, but had to trade in for a family car due to my wife swapping her much-loathed Lexus RX400h for a Mini Cooper Cabriolet)

Business: The Jag

Rental: 1.6-2-litre boggo estate car, nearly always advertised as a “Ford Mondeo or similar” but which somehow always seems to end up being a Skoda – which suits us, they are great cars tarnished with a reputation which is no longer even remotely deserved

Ideal car: Ooooh – don’t know. Would love the new XF diesel but they aren’t allowed in HK. If only the 320d was a bit bigger, that would be great too. Or, if only such a thing existed, a sporty cabriolet which really did have seating for four adults with room left over for the golf clubs – but so far I haven’t been able to find one

Dream car: Lots. Fancy the idea of a Bristol Fighter just because it is so utterly mad, and the fact that the faster you go the more powerful it gets!! Probably not the greatest dynamically though. Like the idea of the new 4-seater Tesla. Ariel Atom not very practical. Astons are all so utterly beautiful but (apologies to all owners) starting to get a bit common. Hmmmmm. No – if I could choose any car in the world and have it delivered to my door for free, I think I would go for the Fighter… Quite apart from anything else, it is so rare my children will probably be able to retire on the proceeds when I finally croak!

LuganoPirate, on my last trip but one to Burnham Market in Norfolk, I saw the most beautiful Bentley Blower, so I heartily commend your choice! It was immaculate, right down to every tool in the toolbox

thebigseats
    Participant

@tete_de_cuvee

Oh mama…..yes please, that new Vanquish……sigh…….

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Some friends of mine were going to buy the Vanquish, until the local salesman, in his best Hong Kong accent, referred to is as the Wankwish…

They bought a Warntidge instead…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

OMG that new Vanquish is totally sick and sooooo HOT!!!! :O) xxx

VintageKrug
    Participant

Vacuous.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

What? VK dont you like it? 🙁

VintageKrug
    Participant

Of course I like it, Becky. 😉

But it’s still vacuous!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls