Heathrow delays / cancellations today…

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

RichHI1 writes: “Is this journalistic scare mongering ? Or is it going to be bad?”

The airlines are taking it seriously. Both BA and VS are allowing pax to change flights to a different date free of charge if their service is due to arrive into LHR on the 30th:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15884527

RichHI1
    Participant

I have to say this administration is looking more and more like the disastrous Heath government. I know many will shudder but maybe we need another Thatcher or Blair, politicians with charisma and able to carry the majority of the people with them when pursuing difficult policies. ( sits back and waits for the hate mail…)

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

I blame the Home office woman what ever her name is she sucks, also we need to have the cuts or we be in even more shit. We need to make things in UK not made in Chnia.

VintageKrug
    Participant

“I blame the Home office woman what ever her name is she sucks, also we need to have the cuts or we be in even more shit. We need to make things in UK not made in Chnia.”

Thank you for that thoughtful and deeply considered post.

Please, do continue to grace us with your erudite jottings.

LeTigre
    Participant

Nationalism is soooooo overrated.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hengli123…………… your alternative………………?

RichHI1
    Participant

Hengli, ah the naïveté of youth. From experience it is the ism that has the problem whether it is nationalism, federalism, regionalism, europeanism .
    I am at a loss why posters would object to manufacturing being localized and not all outsourced to China, or maybe it only relates to a personal preference for today’s Uk home secretary.

Binman62
    Participant

ChrisBuda82… please keep it up, so long as this forum is dominated by those detached from reality and every day life ( as this government clearly is) as well as unaffected by the mess we are in ( as the millionaire members of the goverment clearly are) then we will all be so much the poorer….. and not just financially.

RichHI1
    Participant

100%

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls